By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Street Fighter 4 platforms confirmed: No Wii and DS

Street Fighter 4 platforms confirmed.

Capcom today announced that the highly anticipated 4th iteration of Street Fighter is slated for a release this winter on Xbox 360, PS2, PS3 and PSP.  For us beat 'em up fans, it was a long wait to get any confirmation, but we already can't wait to get brawlin'.

Surprising is the omission of the Nintendo platforms. When asked, Capcom responded: "We have been releasing games for the Nintendo consoles quite regularly as of late. We felt we lacked quality games on the other consoles. Another factor was the hardware to work with. The Wii and DS are simply not powerful enough to handle all the features we put in the game".

Ouch for Nintendo fans! Let's hope an altered version will be coming to the Nintendo platforms eventually.

Source: http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/news/121667.20080132.Street-fighter-4-platforms-confirmed/

Around the Network

I blame it on the fact that they made the circumference Ryu thighs 4 inches longer.  The Wii simply can't handle that much Ryu.

That is too bad, my love for SF started on ninty. ;(

I don't get it. The PSP and PS2 have a version coming out but the Wii can't handle it? Huh? I'd understand if they said this game wasn't built for the control setup, but that excuse is bogus.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I severely doubt this is real, since they're saying that the Wii can't handle it but the PS2 can.

Around the Network

This thread smell RolKimPossible

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Color me suspicious. Also, capcom's site says nothing about this.

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

We all know the Wii is the inferior system. That was quite obvious.

The game wouldn´t sell on the Wii anyways...

Yeah it's fake. There's nothing about this anywhere on the net and the link is fake. Hardy fucking har.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

link doesn't seem to work.

Also it just doesn't make sense. Wii > PS2, PSP

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X