By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft confirms new Prince of Persia game

Kyros said:

The first PoP Sands of Time and Assassin's Creed were both masterpieces from Ubisoft Montreal. So lets hope for another one. No Warrior Within please.

You dare compare PoP Sands of time to a mediocre game like Assassin's Creed? For shame...

Around the Network

to a mediocre game like Assassin's Creed?

Assassin's Creed was the best game 2007. It had many flaws but the good things were so awesome that they made up for any shortcomings.

You had three huge unbelievable beautiful ancient cities to walk in. Free-running resulted in some of the best gaming experiences I have ever had. Contrary to what people said I found the fighting mechanic quite nice and innovative. Story and setting were innovative and gripping.
Yes you could create weird results if you wanted and there was some repetition but I cannot hold this against a game that created the vantage points over Jerusalem. At first I would just stand there and look down for minutes.

But yes Sands of Time was also an awesome game.

Kyros said:
to a mediocre game like Assassin's Creed?

Assassin's Creed was the best game 2007.

I was going to comment on your earlier post until I read this one.    You had a valid point up until then.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Kyros said:

Assassin's Creed was the best game 2007.

No comment... Your opinion...

It had many flaws but the good things were so awesome that they made up for any shortcomings.

It depends; if by "made up" you mean, saved it from being a bad game, then I agree.

You had three huge unbelievable beautiful ancient cities to walk in.

They're medieval, not ancient.

Free-running resulted in some of the best gaming experiences I have ever had.

Nothing "best" to it; I agree it was really impressive and realistic, though.

Contrary to what people said I found the fighting mechanic quite nice and innovative.

Doing the same moves again and again and being bored to death is innovative? Especially in a demanding genre in battle such as action games. IMO they paid so much attention to the game's presentation and graphical polish that they screwed over the most vital part of the game, its combat

Story and setting were innovative and gripping.

Innovative, yes. Gripping? NO FRICKIN WAY!

At first I would just stand there and look down for minutes.

Wow, staring down a HD city, now that's AAA material!

I liked the first 3d Prince of persia, the other two....not so much. So we'll see.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

trust me this game will not dissapiont you

Doing the same moves again and again and being bored to death is innovative?

I liked the rythm-based approach to combat. I especially liked the fact that you didn't have twin blades on fire or 5 million power combos after smashing 14 keys, which would have destroyed the game. Killing guards with the hidden blades was awesome. There were some areas where the balance wasn't perfect but the criticism is either way overblown or the patch we got changed some of it. The fights in the beginning and in the end were fun and challenging. There was a time in the mid though were counter-kills were too easy but in the last third this got you into trouble.

Innovative, yes. Gripping? NO FRICKIN WAY!

The medieval(yeah you are correct a nit-picker but correct) setting was definitely the best of any game for a long time. Personally I thought the division between past and future was pretty cool. Especially because in the end you had quite a few possibilities.

And the ancient(medieval ) Altaire was the coolest game protagonist ever.

Wow, staring down a HD city, now that's AAA material!

Yup if the city looks like this it is AAA material. I am sad that you cannot appreciate the beauty of it because it did deprive you of something pretty nice. But it seems to be easier to harp along endlessly about faults instead of seeing the great things in ambitious projects.

Because of this we get so many "Play it safe" remakes of the same tired games. The 100th Mario the 97th FPS. Games that rehash the same gameplay elements over and over again. The modern approach: Do not dare anything so you cannot do something wrong. If you rather play those I hope you have fun.

very very good news I've played Assassin's Creed on my PC but Prince of Persia is huge.

yea this is a very good news indeed,,,,

I hope it has a nice story and game play like the first one(sands of time).love story with farah wouldn't hurt

Prince of Persia is a great series of games and deserves to get another installment