By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft confirms new Prince of Persia game

No Wii? For shame, Ubi....for shame.

oh come on get over it. Do you really want the EA: "Let's target all platforms approach" because it makes the games even shittier and common-denominator than EA games normally are.
The Wii needs games that use its motion control and 360/PS3 need games that use their raw power to the max. So developing different games will be more sensible anyway.

Besides Ubisoft just had with Assassin's a record selling game for 360 and PS3 and they made 2007 4-5 times more revenue on 360+PS3 than on Wii. That may influence their decision.

Around the Network

Love the prince games and happy to see another one is on it´s way but I am sad to see no Wii version.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Sands of Time was quality. After that it went down hill rapidly.

True, although the third one was fun again. The good thing is the first one was Ubisoft Montreal, Assassin's Creed was Ubisoft Montreal and the other PoP were not Ubisoft Montreal (AFAIK) so we can hope for quality again.

Kyros said:

oh come on get over it. Do you really want the EA: "Let's target all platforms approach" because it makes the games even shittier and common-denominator than EA games normally are.
The Wii needs games that use its motion control and 360/PS3 need games that use their raw power to the max. So developing different games will be more sensible anyway.

Besides Ubisoft just had with Assassin's a record selling game for 360 and PS3 and they made 2007 4-5 times more revenue on 360+PS3 than on Wii. That may influence their decision.

They might have brought in 4-5 time more revenue, but they probably spent 10 times more making the games.

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

I thought they released this game last year. It was called Assassin's Creed!

Around the Network
Kyros said:

Not surprising, just look at the games released for each system.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

d21lewis said:
I thought they released this game last year. It was called Assassin's Creed!

zing?

OT: I'm not really sure I can get excited for this.  Each PoP has been less wonderful than the last.  It seems to be a general downward trend, atleast in my view of the game.  I haven't kept track of them, so perhaps the trends for critic reviews and sales differ from my view.

They might have brought in 4-5 time more revenue, but they probably spent 10 times more making the games.

When you sell 6 million copies of a game the development costs are not very important anymore. I am pretty sure the higher price of PS3 or 360 games is at this level a much more significant number than the development costs.

Not surprinsing, just look at the games released for each system.

True. But "Wichtig ist was hinten rauskommt" A timeless sentence of our former chancellor.

Sorry, but I don't understand a single bit of your sentences after "But" XD...

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

Wichtig ist was hinten rauskommt

Sorry That means the end result is what is important. But word for word it means "Important is what comes out of the back". (So people made fun of it a lot)

And to translate it to the current problem. Yes Ubisoft is making action games for PS3/360 because they are more successful on PS3/360 because they make games for PS3/360 because ....