By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA IV combined average of 99.5% based on 15 reviews for both PS3/360

do u want the truth ???

==> I think SOME industry/gaming website are pushing GTA4 to help Sony/MS because people working on SOME videogames website prefer PS3/360 over the Wii (too much casuals).
Since Wii is winning, they are trying to help the 2 others to not allow the Wii to get a complet win.

Time to Work !

Around the Network
libellule said:
do u want the truth ???

==> I think SOME industry/gaming website are pushing GTA4 to help Sony/MS because people working on SOME videogames website prefer PS3/360 over the Wii (too much casuals).
Since Wii is winning, they are trying to help the 2 others to not allow the Wii to get a complet win.

*rolls eyes*

For someone who didn't care for average review scores 2 weeks ago... you sure have a lot of interest in them now. What is this? Average Review Thread number two for you?

Anyways, great for GTAIV.

I'll admit the abnormally high aggregate score has been the biggest surprise for me so far. Yes, lots of people like to argue over the minutiae of minor differences between the 360 and PS3 versions, but it's largely pointless, and does nothing more than provide some self-justification to those entrenched in the camp of one system or the other. Really, the inevitable arguments are no great shock; however, the universally high scores so far, for me, are a surprise.

Really, it's great gaming ahead for all participating 360 and PS3 owners, it seems. Even if one system scores marginally higher than the other, I'd still be extraordinarily happy with a game scoring an average of 99%, even if my system had the lower percentage. That's one hell of a score!

San Andreas wasn't fun at all. This game better be as fun or more so then Vice City was.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

It won't stay that way. Where Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty 4, Bioshock, Halo 3 and The Orange Box failed, GTA IV will fail as well.
Let me put it into context for you: all it takes is three scores of 90% or lower to put in under OoT. There are probably about 60 more reviews to come. EDGE is probably not going to give it a 10, and so won't some other sources just for the attention they'll get by giving it a relatively low score. It's not gonna happen Sony and MS fanboys, go back to bed, dream on.

mariozeldametroid said:
It won't stay that way. Where Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty 4, Bioshock, Halo 3 and The Orange Box failed, GTA IV will fail as well.
Let me put it into context for you: all it takes is three scores of 90% or lower to put in under OoT. There are probably about 60 more reviews to come. It's not gonna happen Sony and MS fanboys, go back to bed, dream on.

Damn thats cold dude. Anyway I hated Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. That game was dull and zzzzz. You have killed my dreams with that post.

So are you on the list of people that might cry if it does Mariozeldametroid? :P It has a massive chance of not meeting that goal, but man would I love it to >: ) OOT is far from the best game ever and I think something needs to take it down a few pegs ;)

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

All it takes is one bad review for GTA IV to slip, and being so controversial it no doubt will come. My guess is it will settle right below OOT and Mario Galaxy.

libellule said:
do u want the truth ???

I agree with you Libellule.

In the March issue of "Jeux Video Magazine" in France,  they made the cover page on "Why is the Wii a rip-ff and will fail". inside, over 20 pages of wii bashing. But ALSO interesting insights on developpers and key industry players saying they "prayed that PS3 will ultimately prevail over wii" to safeguard their own interests.

Similarly to EA selling less on wii than PS2, and even PS3 and XBOX 360, other established developers want 

the status quo to remain  

I bet you wii owners are also underrepresented in such magazines readerships.

This is a fight for survival for many incumbents in the industry and it will be a challenge for nintendo.