By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Okami Questions.

I figured this could be a convenient thread for anyone who has questions going through Okami. Please use Spoilers tags if necessary.

I have a question. I beat the game. Where are the credits?

Also, does anyone have difficulty performing the advanced brush techniques which further your current abilities such as "lightning bolt", "Whirlwind", "Ice storm", "Mist Warp". I know it takes multiple tries before I can ever get any of these to work. It seems anything that requires strait lines is a problem.

Around the Network

Yeah, sometimes you just have a tendency to turn the brush, its like trying to draw a perfect circle on paper, its almost impossible. I guess just practice, lol. It was such a refreshing game to play though. Artistically it is one of the greatest games I've ever played.

Yeah definitly up there with the likes of No More Heroes in terms of artistic power (though I would place this mcuh higher in a number of regards).

Still, Why didn't I get any credits when I beat the game, it just went strait to the results ranking screen.

Also... Spoilers...

Are the Celestials and Moon Civilization the same people, or two different civilizations? I notice despite having a wing like head dress (and hair), Waka doesn't have wings on his head, also, Kaguya has green rabbit ears, why doesn't Waka? Also why are the waitresses in the restaurants Cat girls?

How many ink containers do you need to spell out dirty words?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Onimusha12 said:

I figured this could be a convenient thread for anyone who has questions going through Okami. Please use Spoilers tags if necessary.

Also, does anyone have difficulty performing the advanced brush techniques which further your current abilities such as "lightning bolt", "Whirlwind", "Ice storm", "Mist Warp". I know it takes multiple tries before I can ever get any of these to work. It seems anything that requires strait lines is a problem.

Directly from page 11 of the manual under "[Z] Button" is the entry of: "Draw a Straight Line: -Press and hold the [Z] Button and move the Wii Remote." Basically when you hold down [Z] in the brush menu it pushes the brush closer to the paper and the first direction you move tells it which way to keep drawing and it will maintain a straight line in the indicated direction until you lift up on [Z]. I haven't tested it but I believe this replaces pressing (A), essentially (A) is for free draw and [Z] is for line draw. Hopefully that helps =)

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
How many ink containers do you need to spell out dirty words?

I don't see how that matters, since you can only use one ink pot per brush activation, and closing the brush mode for a refill makes all lines you've drawn turn into magical stuff. =P 

But yeah, painting was a pain on the PS2 as well. 

Sqrl said:
Onimusha12 said:

Also, does anyone have difficulty performing the advanced brush techniques which further your current abilities such as "lightning bolt", "Whirlwind", "Ice storm", "Mist Warp". I know it takes multiple tries before I can ever get any of these to work. It seems anything that requires strait lines is a problem.

Directly from page 11 of the manual under "[Z] Button" is the entry of: "Draw a Straight Line: -Press and hold the [Z] Button and move the Wii Remote." Basically when you hold down [Z] in the brush menu it pushes the brush closer to the paper and the first direction you move tells it which way to keep drawing and it will maintain a straight line in the indicated direction until you lift up on [Z]. I haven't tested it but I believe this replaces pressing (A), essentially (A) is for free draw and [Z] is for line draw. Hopefully that helps =)

Sweet as Hell!!!

No if only someone could answer the mystery of my missing ending credits.

Onimusha12 said:
Sqrl said:
Onimusha12 said:

Sweet as Hell!!!

No if only someone could answer the mystery of my missing ending credits.

If you open the manual, there are credits in the back. I haven't beaten the game yet (only 7 hours in), but do they show up somewhere in the main menu or options screen?

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

There's a special symbol you can have a character make into an avatar which appears at the end of the games credits.

Sqrl said:
Onimusha12 said:

I just wanted to clarify the bolded part a bit.  I have tested the [Z] drawing straight lines part...it works great!  The part I haven't tested is whether or not I need to hold down (A) while doing it.  I think it replaces (A) but I'm not entirely sure.

To Each Man, Responsibility