By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - okami... worth buying?

BTW, if he already has the PS2 version, as do I, we aren't the reason the game didn't sell that well.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

If you like Zelda. Never bought Okami. Thought about it, but decided to skip the PS2 version and will probably do the same with the Wii version.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I'd say go for it. I got it and am enjoying it. Unless it gets alot better (I'm about 8-10 hours in) I wouldn't put it in the godly category, but it is definately a solid quality game.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Every day you go without buying this game, God kills a kitten

Seriously, think of the kittens

The only teeth strong enough to eat other teeth.

Having never played Okami before, I am completely in love with the game right now. It's unique and beautiful. There's nothing more satisfying than destroying a bunch of demons to restore the beauty of the earth!
I've played for 36 hours, and I think I'm a little more than half way through. Great value.

One gripe I have though, is that I'm starting to think Okami has too much story. XD
I love the story, and trully wish Zelda games had the depth and character interactions found in Okami. But after playing the game for this long, I feel lost some times because it seems every character has this amazing story to tell. And every new area you discover has its own history with evil gods to vanquish to restore peace. It gets a little overwhelming sometimes!
But that's just me. Perhaps I don't have the capacity to retain so much information.

Anyway, great game. Buy it!

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Around the Network

Yes. Definitely worth buying. One of the best games on the Wii.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Hyperion said:
Having never played Okami before, I am completely in love with the game right now. It's unique and beautiful. There's nothing more satisfying than destroying a bunch of demons to restore the beauty of the earth!
I've played for 36 hours, and I think I'm a little more than half way through. Great value.

One gripe I have though, is that I'm starting to think Okami has too much story. XD
I love the story, and trully wish Zelda games had the depth and character interactions found in Okami. But after playing the game for this long, I feel lost some times because it seems every character has this amazing story to tell. And every new area you discover has its own history with evil gods to vanquish to restore peace. It gets a little overwhelming sometimes!
But that's just me. Perhaps I don't have the capacity to retain so much information.

Anyway, great game. Buy it!

The story itself doesn't bother me. The endless blathering of Issun does. I want him to choke to death on a fly so that I could have freakin' shot at solving a puzzle before he tells me the solution.

But other than that the game is fine. :P 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Well, I'm going to disagree with the majority, but that's mostly because I hate games that artificially extend their length by not allowing you to skip dialogue (especially if it's being repeated because you failed a stupidly counter-intuitive puzzle) and essentially being one big scavenger hunt that coincidentally has a game included, too. Because that's what Okami is. It's a 12-15 hour game with 45 hours of scavenger hunts and fetch quests tacked on.

If that floats your boat, have at. At least with the Wii the controls shouldn't be aggrivating to learn even if they aren't all that great. Just be prepared to get involved in a lot of dull, repetitve combat sprikled in between a lot of dull, repetitve item searching while being accompanied by a dull, repetitve insect who you cannot shut up. I'd still say it's worth no more than a rental if you have anything at all better to do with your life, and only then if you've played the hundreds of better games available.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

You can actually skip dialogue, which I always appreciate in a game.

dude17761991hatp said:
Get it or I'll hit you. With my penis.

well now i have every reason not to get it. ;)

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232