By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - okami... worth buying?

Well if you want that your friends laugh with you because you don't own one of the best games ever..Be my guest....

Around the Network

I've been a lifetime (well, not *really* lifetime, but longtime at least) Zelda fan, and Okami has ranked up there with it for me. IMO, although I can see how others might disagree, it is better than TP (mainly because I am in love with the drawing. There are so many ways to battle, and going back to the beginning parts of the game later exposes so many more things to do with the brush. That, and even just now after a couple dozen hours with the game I am still finding new things that you can do with the brush). It's got much better world design than Zelda IMO, as brush techniques and advanced techniques that you learn are useable in previous locales.

I also just really like the dynamic of restoring the world, and feeding animals, etc.

If I had one complaint, it would be that the combat is too easy. I have more than a thousand unused praise (the games version of experience) that I just don't feel the need to spend.

(also, I am still playing the game.  My opinions are still subject to change, but in relation to this game being amazing, I don't think it will)

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

Parokki said:
Yes. It's probably the best game ever made by Clover, which is saying a lot.

Wow, it's above the likes of Viewtiful Joe and God Hand?

What a great compliment! 

But yes, it's an essential buy for any Wii owner who hasn't played the original on the PS2. If you do not buy it, I will have to stalk you for a long time, prodding you on whether or not you have bought it, until you finally break down and buy it. And then I will have won.

Are you kidding me!?! It was worth it two years agao and is still worth it now! It puts most games to shame! I'm surprised that people put it as high as Zelda. I mean I think it is just as good in alot of ways too, but still surprising...... You must get it! [End Rant]

Get it or I'll hit you. With my penis.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Parokki said:
Yes. It's probably the best game ever made by Clover, which is saying a lot.

Wow, it's above the likes of Viewtiful Joe and God Hand?

What a great compliment!

But yes, it's an essential buy for any Wii owner who hasn't played the original on the PS2. If you do not buy it, I will have to stalk you for a long time, prodding you on whether or not you have bought it, until you finally break down and buy it. And then I will have won.

You should buy the Wii version as well. What kind of gamer are you if you own the Scarface port but pass up on Okami?

Does it really surprise you that I'd take a sandbox game (which the Wii had 2 of, and The Godfather sucks, the movie of course!) over a game that I've already put over 100 hours into?

I haven't even completed Super Paper Mario or Scarface or Link's Crossbow Training (well, I haven't gotten all the Platinum Medals), so why would I want to jump into a new game with no new content except controls which don't even work as well as we all anticipated them to?

Sorry, but I usually only buy a game twice if there's an advantage with the port (for example, Tekken: Dark Resurrection on the PSP can be played on the go). 

dude17761991hatp said:
Get it or I'll hit you. With my penis.

Post of the day.

Yes. You must buy it. It's a fantastic game.

"Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring." - Commander Shepard
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Commander Shepard
I support JRPGs on the Xbox 360.
Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad
"Nothing can make it moral to destroy the best. One can't be punished for being good. One can't be penalized for ability. If that is right, then we'd better start slaughtering one another, because there isn't any right at all in the world." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

It was definitely worth the rent for me.

RolStoppable said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Does it really surprise you that I'd take a sandbox game (which the Wii had 2 of, and The Godfather sucks, the movie of course!) over a game that I've already put over 100 hours into?

I haven't even completed Super Paper Mario or Scarface or Link's Crossbow Training (well, I haven't gotten all the Platinum Medals), so why would I want to jump into a new game with no new content except controls which don't even work as well as we all anticipated them to?

Sorry, but I usually only buy a game twice if there's an advantage with the port (for example, Tekken: Dark Resurrection on the PSP can be played on the go).

But... but... it's Okami.

Sorry, I just can't have the same amount of devotion to Okami that you hold to Kim Possible games.

It's something I cry about everyday.