By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Alone in the Dark 5 wii footage!!

finaly some footage of the wii version of alone in the dark

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/2008/00025662-alone-in-the-dark-reportage-a-new-york-partie-3.htm

looks good so far,

what do you think?

part of the interview

Regarding the features (elements that make up the game) general, be aware that history is the same, the scenario is exactly the same. By cons, there are some adjustments that had to be made. What was very interesting with the Wii and PS2 versions, it took wonder how to adapt features extremely next-gen like fire dynamics that spreads over the objects, the resources of these less powerful consoles. We tried to find ways to keep all these features in the Wii version. Hydravision has done a good job over there because everything is inside, in one way or another. We'll see a little later how it has handled the fire. And then obviously, for the Wii version, the bulk of the work was to use the Wiimote controls and Nunchuk. One of the strengths of the game lies in the immersion. That is why there is nothing displayed on the screen, and why its inventory is not simply a sub-menu that is activated with a button. In the game, Carnby will open his jacket like that and look what it has.

Around the Network

The graphics look really good, but why oh why do some developers need to map everything to wiimote gestures? I mean, steering a car can be done perfectly with the analogue stick, people!

I also really dislike the language of the video. Boo for France!

This game looks fun. Not sure what console to get it for yet though.

yeah graphics do look good, but i hope the controls work well

Wow, that looks pretty neat. I really like how they implemented getting out your gun and flashlight with the gestures, although I would imagine driving the car would really have to get some getting used to.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

Around the Network

driving is pretty easy with the wii mote

in call of duty 3, you drive the same way, and it was easy when you play for a while

graphically the game looks great its gonna be a great horror game for wii

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Yeah, really nice Graphics!
can't wait to get this game

me too i cant wait,

but im more excited for fatal frame iv

Heh, I'm pleasantly surprised by the progression this title has made so far. Good too see some creative uses of the Wiimote/Nunchuck, let's hope they continue to find a good balance between Wiimote functionality and smart gameplay choices.