By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I am one bitter monkey right now, my DLP lamp just burned out

Or are you a bitter chimp?

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
Call Toshiba, ask them you need your TV back asap, what should you do.

here's what you do... go to bestbuy, buy a TV on credit card... use it in the meanwhile and return it before 30 days come up.

Bam, you win!

Should a best buy employee be saying that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

it IS within the store policy, Customer-centric after all. I'm just being a "Smart Friend".. and as a SMART friend, I think that's what's best for him. :)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

if its under warranty take it to where you bought the TV or else take your receipt to where you bought it and see what they will do. Normally they will send out a truck with a new TV and switch it out.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

How long did it take that lamp to burn out? 50,000 hours?

If you got the extra money, say 800-1000 bucks, that new Toshiba Regza 42 inch 1080p is SWEET, lol, if your still a Toshiba man, like I am.

I did a little research and picked that one up, best TV for the price.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Also, if you got a DS, The World Ends With You is some of the best gaming to be had on or off a HD-TV, and that could tide you over. :P

You can pick a DS up anywhere.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

DLP TVs are known for burning out quicker then any other type of TV.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

rocketpig said:
DMeisterJ said:
Don't you have any other TVs in your house?

Yeah, in my bedroom. It's 27 inches and square. Icky.

BTW, I have a Toshiba. Worst part is that it's still under warranty so I'm hesitant to pay for a bulb. 

That's what our good TV is like. Quit your bitch'n and start gaming from the comfort of your own bed! 

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

ssj12 said:
DLP TVs are known for burning out quicker then any other type of TV.

It's basically guaranteed that the lamp in a DLP will burn out every few years, but it's fairly cheap to replace (compared to the cost of repairing a burned-out plasma or LCD).  Owning a DLP is like owning a car, you have to maintain it.  Which is why I'm getting an LCD in a few weeks.  :)

Cheebee said:
What's a DLP lamp?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was very confused by all the talk of TVs and lamps.