By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Another comparison of GTA IV PS3 vs X360

starcraft said:
The_God_of_War said:
Clearly "no install" can't be used as an advantage, it's the reason the 360 is slightly inferior.
I gave the PS3 props for loading and pop-in advantages.........

no you didn't...lol

clearly your post just says "loading" and "sixaxis"

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:

The frame rate is the same on both of them, "but both versions seemed to regularly run at a similar clip.", and the install goes hand in hand with the pop-in so I've deleted that too, so the 360 wins in Aliasing, and Achievements.

"The Xbox 360 version seemed capable of achieving a smoother frame rate, peaking higher in certain circumstances, such as in confined spaces or during light traffic."

Given pop-in is only meant to be intermittent, by your logic it is fair to say that "The pop-in is the same on both of them." 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
The_God_of_War said:
Clearly "no install" can't be used as an advantage, it's the reason the 360 is slightly inferior.

I know, but you made it sound like "no install" is a good thing for the 360. I can understand a mandatory install being annoying, but it clearly reduces technical issues. Mass Effect could have benefitted from an install and so could GTA 4, from the looks of it.  

BCNR34 said:
starcraft said:
The_God_of_War said:

no you didn't...lol

You really don't read threads huh?  You just race in and look for a post from me and troll away.

Look again buddy. 

lets compare shall we:

framerate: "both versions seemed to regularly run at a similar clip."

pop-in: "The Xbox 360 version can suffer from some very noticeable texture loading"

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:

Lulz.

I guess you found a way to spin the bundle badly.

The lack of Rumble.

You do know that other continents exist outside of "Others" right? Like America, where the DS3 is readily available? 

(...) 

Is it included with PS3 hardware? If not, it's not really spin as it will cost you extra to get rumble. PS3 fans criticize the 360 all the time for paid online, why do you consider calling on "paid rumble" to be spin?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

The_God_of_War said:
starcraft said:
The_God_of_War said:

I know, but you made it sound like "no install" is a good thing for the 360. I can understand a mandatory install being annoying, but it clearly reduces technical issues. Mass Effect could have benefitted from an install and so could GTA 4, from the looks of it.

Accepting that I already gave the PS3 props for the conceivable technical advantages installs bring, how is it not an advantage that 360 owners will play the game the moment they pop it in the console whilst PS3 owners will have to wait around?

I guess the keyword here is 'seemed' when it comes to the frame rate. Otherwise they both performed roughly the same. How nice would it be to have something like 3DMark for consoles, or even fraps? That ought to make these threads 10x more intense.

starcraft said:
BCNR34 said:
starcraft said:
The_God_of_War said:

no you didn't...lol

You really don't read threads huh? You just race in and look for a post from me and troll away.

Look again buddy.

loading=/=pop-in, they are clearly different things, and are even dealt with seperately in the paragaph. fail.

starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:

The frame rate is the same on both of them, "but both versions seemed to regularly run at a similar clip.", and the install goes hand in hand with the pop-in so I've deleted that too, so the 360 wins in Aliasing, and Achievements.

"The Xbox 360 version seemed capable of achieving a smoother frame rate, peaking higher in certain circumstances, such as in confined spaces or during light traffic."

Given pop-in is only meant to be intermittent, by your logic it is fair to say that "The pop-in is the same on both of them." 

You completely ignoe IGN's review of the game, where they say the pop-in is much worse on the XBOX 360 than on the PS3.

Also, I didn't say that the PS3 had the better frame-rate, but they said they were equal, like the IGN review also confirmed.  

@ NJ5

Okay, You have to pay for online, and you have to pay for rumble, same price (in america) so that argument is null and voided, thanks.