By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Another comparison of GTA IV PS3 vs X360

Well let's just hope that those issues are rare, otherwise there will be a rightful explosion of hate towards Rockstar and reviewers for not pointing out the scale of the issue.

I still believe that those issues will be rare though. I don't see them releasing a product in such a piss-poor state after a delay, and I definitely don't want to see reviewers covering it up.

PS: What's GAF's obsession with GIFs? Have they ever heard of video files and the 21st century?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

I have created the official GTA IV thread please post in it people.

NJ5 said:

Well let's just hope that those issues are rare, otherwise there will be a rightful explosion of hate towards Rockstar and reviewers for not pointing out the scale of the issue.

I still believe that those issues will be rare though. I don't see them releasing a product in such a piss-poor state after a delay, and I definitely don't want to see reviewers covering it up.

PS: What's GAF's obsession with GIFs? Have they ever heard of video files and the 21st century?

Looks like, one of the gifs shows another car, another situation, but the sme tree and the same driving path...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Pop-ins?  OMG. 

Well that settles it. 

The entire game is ruined. 

Words Of Wisdom said:

Pop-ins? OMG.

Well that settles it.

The entire game is ruined.

Not really, but it's not unreasonable to expect a good degree of technical perfection on what are supposed to be two consoles with great hardware specs in this generation. I would certainly expect that to be the case on a game rated near 10 by most sites (including on presentation and graphics).

In reality, we all know that much of the power in HD consoles is more hype than reality, but let's not pretend that people aren't expecting good technical quality from this game.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

So the 360 version's framerate is actually smoother, haha! There you go fanboys. ;)

Seriously, this is so retard to argue about these "which is better" all the time. I think it will be amazing on both consoles, let's be happy that we (360 & PS3 owners) can play the game of the year, unlike only-Wii owners. ;)

I don't bother listing my last-gen games (PS2, Xbox, GC) to my collection cause there's too many of them. ;)

NJ5 said:

well i have a feeling they are not rare, its one of them things you will notice because a fuss has been made about them. i dont feel its rockstars fault, its microsofts for not bundling a hdd with every console.

if thats if those shots are from retail game, reviewrs have covered up for a huge game - which is a shame

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
NJ5 said:

well i have a feeling they are not rare, its one of them things you will notice because a fuss has been made about them. i dont feel its rockstars fault, its microsofts for not bundling a hdd with every console.

if thats if those shots are from retail game, reviewrs have covered up for a huge game - which is a shame

It's Microsoft's fault that the developer could not get the technical aspects of their own game together?

Perhaps my standards are too high?

I am SuperLloyd!

(Im)patiently awaiting the Dawn of the New World!

GTA IV up close (400% zoom, from B3D):

PS3 version looks much cleaner and realistic.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

NJ5 said:
Those gifs above don't work for me.

Site got hammered, gifs were taken down. Unfortunately, I didn't save them to my hard drive so I can't upload 'em.