By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Another comparison of GTA IV PS3 vs X360

DMeisterJ said:
The_God_of_War said:
DOATS1 said:

ugly, UGLY, pop-in

Ugh, that's a shame. Which version is it from?

Oh.

my.

god.

That is FUGLY.

Another reason why I think this game should NEVER have gotten a perfect 10

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

Are we sure that ^^^ that pop in is the final game?

Lol. If that happens more than once an hour, I'm taking the game back. I really enjoy GTA, but I don't need it badly enough to put up with that.

Still most reports have the main pop-in offenders as things like trees.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

PooperScooper said:
Shameless said:
DOATS1 said:

ugly, UGLY, pop-in

This is exactly what I mean when I say this game doesn't deserve to score so highly. All reviews so far have rated it 10/10 for graphics, I mean looking at this it couldn't be further from the truth. I haven't seen pop-in this bad in all my time gaming.

Do you know what graphics are?

WTF else would you class pop-in as?

With all these reviews coming in it seems that the diff are very small and it seems like people are going at it over something that they will probably hardly notice if at all. The install is a double edge for sure simply because its taken up space on your hard drive and with all the other games that have come out it can be really troublesome specialy if you think about the people with a 20gig ps3 or for that matter people with a 60 gig that have got some of these other install games. The plus side is less pop ins not getting rid of popins but getting less of them. Lastly we have multiplayer which can genraly swing which version to get to and in genral multiplayer games play better on live(with all of lives features).

Around the Network
Shameless said:
PooperScooper said:
Shameless said:
DOATS1 said:

ugly, UGLY, pop-in

This is exactly what I mean when I say this game doesn't deserve to score so highly. All reviews so far have rated it 10/10 for graphics, I mean looking at this it couldn't be further from the truth. I haven't seen pop-in this bad in all my time gaming.

I would classify it under "gameplay".. and in this case.. "unplayable"

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
Shameless said:
PooperScooper said:
Shameless said:

same the same thing i would classify framerate as

kingofwale said:
Shameless said:
PooperScooper said:
Shameless said:
DOATS1 said:

ugly, UGLY, pop-in

Play it on your PS3, it happens "far less", according to IGN

taken from ign

"For those wanting to know which version looks better, the edge goes to the PS3. The textures and framerate are comparable, but the PS3 has far less pop-in. The 360 has richer colors, but the PS3 has better anti-aliasing making it look a little cleaner. Because GTA IV can preload onto the PS3 hard drive, the in-game loads are faster. Don't worry Xbox owners, the load times are rarely more than 30 seconds and don't occur very often. The slight visual edge goes to PS3, but the 360 is no slouch. Either version will do you proud."

and from kotaku

"The Xbox 360 version can suffer from some very noticeable texture loading, as things like trees, vehicles and building signs will regularly pop-in as one tools about town. It can be ->distracting<- , especially during high speed chases, and the PS3 version isn't entirely immune from it, but it's not a game killing problem."

ok well obviously both versions are great, and you will enjoy any version you buy. but it appears the ps3 version is the superior version out of the box. the distracting pop in on 360 version, will look quite bad if you ask me. just imagine driving a fast car in a straight line, it will really chug on screen with cars and trees and genaral enviroment popping in, not only that but 360 version will have chugging load times whilst textures load in, this is a big deal and looks terrible, mabey the ps3 version will have some pop in but from the sounds of it no where near as much as the 360 version.

thoughts from kotaku

"If this were a personal decision, I'd have chosen the PlayStation 3 edition, mostly based on my preference for the DualShock controller and the performance edge."

thoughts from ign

"For those wanting to know which version looks better, the edge goes to the PS3. The 360 has richer colors, but the PS3 has better anti-aliasing making it look a little cleaner"

thoughts from me

im going to buy the ps3 version, its the same game and gameplay as 360, but technicaly it goes to the ps3, and all the reviews that are going to come after the early reviews will say the same thing, the ps3 version is overall better(technically).

playstation 3 version

• better load times
  • far less scenery pop in
  • far less texture loading(a pain, i dont want to step out of an indoor play area only to come out and see things are still loading)
  • preference for the ps3 controller
  • free online
  • motion controls
  • overall more realistic look

xbox 360 version

• achievments scores(ps3 will soon have acheivment animated trophies in home, for display to your friends)
  • paint filter cover ups(totally unoticble unless you play 2 millimeteres away from tv)
  • mabey a £5 cheaper price(good plus here, but for me to play online i would have to fork out £40) so really its £35 more expensive for me. than ps3 version.
  • exclusive download content in 2 packages(will be worthwhile for sure, but ps3 will also have DL content just not the ones xbox will, plus the future home intergration will be ace.

so in an even more final summary LOL just enjoy the game both versions are great, if i didnt have a ps3 i would have just bought the 360 version obviously just to play the game. its a must have game on both systems, just buy the one that you think will offer you best play times offline and online.

for me, im happy that the ps3 version is superb, and i laugh at all them people who used to spread lies saying the ps3 version will end up terrible.

and please can people stop making insults at people, some things are ok in a freindly banter type of manner but some are taking things to far,

RANT OVER!

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

After seeing all this I think I'm going to get the PS3 version. The DLC is not going to be worth the price of what was going on in the GIF image.

Does anyone know whether the driving/shooting is mapped to the PS3 triggers or the bumpers by the way?