By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Wardevil Screens (PS3)

Onyxmeth said:

I don't like the art direction much, but god damn that game looks nice from a technical standpoint. It reminds me a little of Too Human.

Where are the Ninja Turtles when you need them to stop Shredder? In the sewers eating whip cream pizza like teenage bums.

OT: Speaking of tmnt. I'm actually waiting for a new game this gen. 

Around the Network
waron said:
leo-j said:
Yes its all in game, and its going to run at 60fps at 1080p.

yeah right, just like killzone 2 2005 trailer and many other "in game" screenshots/trailers. didn't you all learn yet that when developer won't give screenshots with stats in game(life, ammo etc.) just something like above that is not a screenshot?

why is it that no one can believe that the graphics in games can't wow us? Everytime a PS3 game shows up somebody will always say "Those aren't real in game graphics" I saw it happen with Uncharted too.

For the record, Mr. Waron, if you look up iNFAMOUS, you will see scenes where "life, ammo, etc" are on screen....and just look at the graphics in that game.

I guess no one wants to here about how the PS3 has "potential that needs to be unlocked" simply because it may result in games looking better than those on the 360

If your interested, ssj12 has met and talked with these developers before.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

BMaker11 said:
waron said:
leo-j said:

yeah right, just like killzone 2 2005 trailer and many other "in game" screenshots/trailers. didn't you all learn yet that when developer won't give screenshots with stats in game(life, ammo etc.) just something like above that is not a screenshot?

why is it that no one can believe that the graphics in games can't wow us? Everytime a PS3 game shows up somebody will always say "Those aren't real in game graphics" I saw it happen with Uncharted too.

For the record, Mr. Waron, if you look up iNFAMOUS, you will see scenes where "life, ammo, etc" are on screen....and just look at the graphics in that game.

I guess no one wants to here about how the PS3 has "potential that needs to be unlocked" simply because it may result in games looking better than those on the 360

I think what he means to say is he believes it's pre-rendered, which it may be, who knows. Sony has a recent history of showing pre-rendered videos of games and then nothing. Killzone 2, Afrika, Eight Days, The Getaway, and Heavy Rain. When Killzone 2 was finally shown in game, it looked amazing, but not E3 2005 amazing.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I've been hyped about this game since it was announced. I hope it has some great gameplay to back up the look. :D

And the devs have been aiming for 1080p@60fps form the start. The entire engine was designed around the ps3 specifically for this purpose.

Around the Network

From Beyond3D:

New Wardevil screens, folks, trailer coming the end of the month and possibly more info at Sony Gamer's Day, the latest crop of (bull?)shots are from the upcoming trailer and look quite impressive.

Overall, I'm a fan of the art direction;while I don't particularly like the main character's design, the cyborgs are undeniably cool looking.
Also like the trails and smatterings of blood everywhere, it makes the cyborgs seem all the more unsettling, and in some of these screens, even slightly sympathetic.

I'm interested in finding out how exactly Digi Guy are getting this kind of IQ with a 1920x1080 framebuffer at 60 with just 256mb of vRam. The character poly count looks fairly normal, but look at the high res background, or the rubble at the center of the picture.

I'm also having trouble finding any significant aliasing, what kind of AA techniques are Digi-Guy using at? How can these guys get 6-10 enemies on screen running complex animations with potentially complex AI, advanced particle effects, and motion blur/DOF at a non-upscaled 1080p, 60 fps? (I can see the SPUs handling the animations,particle effects,collision physics and AI)

Admittedly, most of the lighting in the released screens look precooked, the environment will likely be physics lite, and I'd imagine they'd skip conventional HDR, but one still wonders.

1080p screenshots!

(though they look like they've been badly compressed. Whoever uploaded these in jpg should be shot)

There is blur on the movements, is kinda strange, it should be nice if is part of the game, but looks more like after effects, or some kind of post process (not ingame)...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Onyxmeth said:
BMaker11 said:
waron said:
leo-j said:

I think what he means to say is he believes it's pre-rendered, which it may be, who knows. Sony has a recent history of showing pre-rendered videos of games and then nothing. Killzone 2, Afrika, Eight Days, The Getaway, and Heavy Rain. When Killzone 2 was finally shown in game, it looked amazing, but not E3 2005 amazing.

BMaker11, i don't have 360 anymore. plus i'm not a fan of 360 after it rick rolled me with RRoD after 3 weeks of having this console(after that x360 rick rolled me twice in 1.5 month and then i sold it).

Onyxmeth, yeah you're right.