By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Wiiware Nintendo's answer to Wii's bunch of shovelwares and minigames?

Come to think of it, IT IS... Now that there's already a 5 dollar game can be downloaded, why would need for a 15-20 dollar mini gmes and shovelwares? Many 3rd parties have no excuse now to brings us bunch of minigames and shovelwares.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

Yeh, I can see that as being one of the reasons, it also provides an avenue for small time developers, which in the long run, might lead them to make full games for a nintendo console

However, I doubt it'll change the amount of shovelware that shows up in stores nonetheless

It could be. Although now those publishers would bring their crap to WiiWare, but still, most of the games announced for WiiWare are great.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

3rd parties have to wake up and smell the incense, the sound of their quality burning up like gasoline over lava. WiiWare will be a treat, and those who really want to make good games but don't have a budget can show their stuff. I hope the Window of Mediocrity is closing as fast as I think it is.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

But Yushire, how will casuals know Wii-Ware exists?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Seems like a good idea for the developers to put minigames in wiiware, It doesn't take much in their budget to make a wiiware game

Shovelware would have died off eventually, no-one is buying the shit games, so they aren't financially viable.

Now, they will be more profitable on wiiware, so they'll move there

@Zen- Casuals knows how to use the internet. Casuals knows how to use PC all the time, infact, in terms of casual gaming, PC gaming is a casual system especially with flash games all around. If casuals knows how to use the net and search flash games, what more on the Wii where you have to do is click on the shop channel...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg