By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No price cut??

"While the price of hardware is usually reduced over time, that could leave gamers who bought early feeling ripped off, Satoru Iwata said "

LAME! what a nonsensical comment.  Is that really the best excuse they could come up with?  what about perhaps "its still selling well and doesnt require a cut"  ?   Its wrong to treat people like fools.  prices of technology reduce over time.  its nothing new, so i dont see how any could feel ripped off.   imo, its disrespectful to lie like that, especially when there are a number of good reasons for not having a price cut.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

He may have been basing that on the anger over the iPhone cut.

Now that was a matter of timing, but the the Wii still has the situation of being sold out.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Whats wrong with that comment. If you went to a store and payed $400 for a wii then the next week it was $300 you would prob feel a little ripped off.

What's the point of cutting the Wii's price? I can't see it selling much more than it is at the moment (repeatedly selling out every week). They aren't going to deny themselves more profit are they?

Does this really matter? It's still sold out, and people are willing to pay the current price.

Around the Network

Its still sold out in America, so no price cut is needed, In Japan and others where supply is met but its still selling good in both of those regions, still no price cut needed

Uh, why would they cut the price when demand far outstrips supply? It makes no sense from an economics standpoint.

Look up "buyer's remorse", you may come to understand what Iwata-san is talking about once you understand that concept. Even if you personally don't experience it for the Wii, more than a few will come the first price drop if they bought their Wii before said drop.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Imthelegend said:
If you went to a store and payed $400 for a wii then the next week it was $300 you would prob feel a little ripped off.

reputable stores have policies where they will refund the money if the price drops or the item goes on sale within a month

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Instead of leaving the gamers who bought early only feeling ripped off, now they can let everybody feel ripped off by not lowering it at all. Great point

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%