By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 11 Signs you're not not a hardcore gamer anymore

RolStoppable said:
naznatips said:
RolStoppable said:

You are definitely not a hardcore gamer, naznatips. Considering all the things I know about your gaming habits, you just aren't one.

A core gamer, yes. But not hardcore.

Even though I finish every game I ever play? And go for completionism in most of those (like all of the million challenges and unlockables in Brawl)?

You are still stuck in the old days. This is no longer the definition of a hardcore gamer.

Today's characteristics of a hardcore gamer are: someone who mostly only plays storydriven games, is looking for art in the games he plays and is looking down on everyone else who doesn't share the same views as him. A hardcore gamer sees no value in the non-games which have popped up left and right lately, he rather sees them as a threat to gaming as a whole. Technological progress is the only thing that matters, so that games can come closer to becoming art. A hardcore gamer doesn't welcome change, he wants gaming to progress on the same route as before. Games shall become more sophisticated and not more accessible.

So are you one of these people, naznatips? No, you aren't. You are always looking for new gaming experiences, you play quirky games, you dislike the direction of the games today's hardcore gamers love are heading to (i.e. more blood, more boobs etc.). You are definitely not hardcore.

Smeags is right, I know you better than you know yourself.

How very ironic...

And what was meant to be a fun article making fun of the aging NES generation is instead turned into another Casual vs. Hardcore argument.

"Oh no, the evil hardcore gamers, they plan to destroy casual gaming!" "I must defend the voiceless!" "They are not scouting internet forums and can not stick up for their opinions!"

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
The most obvious sign that you aren't a hardcore gamer:

You put fun over art.

The most obvious signe your homosexual:

You put art over fun.

Well according to you, I'm not hardcore gamer.

I fall under this:

"You believe that winning isn't everything"

I guess I'm not hardcore. :'(

If this article was the truth for "hardcore" gamers, I would describe those gamers as "inexperienced". :-/

Or the NeoGAF term "hardlycore". ;)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.