By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - how long will the 360 life last for?

i was going to buy a 360 because i have a PS3 but i have seen a few exclusives on the 360 i want to play so any ideas of how long until the nextbox is out like how many years

^great way to get free games and accessories for PS3,360,Wii,PSP and DS. Residents of US,UK,CANADA and AUSTRALIA (It actually Works i have done it and their is testimonials with pics)

Around the Network

Probably 2010 or 2011.

I would say 2011 at the earliest. Microsoft seems to be going out of it's way to avoid losing money in their Entertainment and Devices division

Probably not worth buying a 360 now. If you really have t have a microsoft product, I'd wait until they bring the next one out, or get the best gaming machine, buy a computer.

MGS4!

As long as no PS3 games are blowing 360 capabilities out the door and 3rd parties continue to support it, I don't think Microsoft has much incentive to put a new one out quickly.

Around the Network

Microsoft may have another console out by late 2010 or early 2011, but the 360's life will push on past that, probably to 2012. They are desperately trying to profit off it.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Q_A_X said:
Probably not worth buying a 360 now. If you really have t have a microsoft product, I'd wait until they bring the next one out, or get the best gaming machine, buy a computer.

If someone were interested in the games now, why wait? Right now I'd say the next one is coming Nov. 2011, unless 360's sales completely tank by next year (unlikely considering sales are nearly doubled YoY.), then maybe Nov. 2010. That's 2 and a half years at the earliest. A lot of valuable gaming time would be wasted by holding off a purchase.

i do not think 360 life will be tht long, as soon as they release a new console the orig 360 will bowl out. mabey microsoft will continue to support the old console. but sales of the old console will die out amoungst hardcore gamers so i cannot see the orig 360 lasting way into the release of the new xbox.

btw if you havent got a 360 yet, it would be a good idea to get one there only £159 with 5 arcade games with some good games coming up

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

2011 at the latest

<

psn ID: smiles123

MGS4 is the greatest game ever

2012 and it will sell over 55 millions