By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Resident Evil 0 Trailer

Is anybody even sure that this trailer is legit? I didn't see ANY new footage or indicators of Wii functionality (besides the text which flashed from time to time; anybody could have added it on).

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Around the Network

it might be a port, but its exactly what the Wii needs, a game for the hardcore, I wouldn't be surprised if this made it to the US.

They could of used better gameplay footage for that trailer... nothing like showing a badly missed knife swipe on a downed opponent.

johnsobas said:
HappySqurriel said:

I could be wrong, but I suspect that a large portion of the motivation for Capcom to release ports of Gamecube games on the Wii is that Capcom is trying to recover the costs of upgrading their toolsets to take advantage of the Wii ...

The same engine was reported to be used on Resident Evil: Remake, Resident Evil 0, and Resident Evil 4. With how little support the Gamecube received from Capcom after the release of Resident Evil 4 it is likely that Capcom stopped working on this engine in 2004. It is plausable that Capcom is trying to improve this engine to truely take advantage of the Wii, and to be compatible with the same tools they're using with their Resident Evil 5 engine; being that they didn't anticipate the need for this, it is possible that they have a large team of developers (10+) working on this in order to accomplish their goals rapidly which can cost Capcom more than $1 Million per year.

I don't think so. Nintendo helped fund those resident evil games on gamecube, and RE4 was released on PS2 and combined with the GC version sold around 4 million, then put the 1.7 million from the Wii version on top of that and the profits should be good. YOu might be right that they want to fund an engine, but not because of those games.

I suspect they want to re-release it in Japan because they feel some Japanese gamers didn't play it because they never had a gamecube, and this would put some attention back on the game. I doubt it will sell very many copies, but i doubt it will matter if it does or not.

There's no proof Nintendo paid them for that. In fact, if they did, they could have sued Capcom for gimping the promised five exclusives. They could have given money, but Nintendo may not have thought they could spare the funds (liminted company, not a corporation).

Furthermore, Capcom lost a lot of money for two years (it's in their financial records), so even if Nintendo gave them money, it's gone now, and Capcom would want to maintain the profit margin of the last three years. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Resident Evil takes place in America. Of course you're not going to have the characters speaking Japanese.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Around the Network

i added this game to the site, but it doesnt show up.

on topic. i hope capcom just doesnt port old games to the wii to make up for RE5

If they were to release it here in the states, I'll likely buy, but just because I'm a bit of an RE fan and a sucker for updated versions of old classics (even if is just the 480p and 16:9 ratio).

"¿Por qué justo a mí tenía que tocarme ser yo?"