By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bioshock Coming To PS3 This September?

its finished software why not port it for more sales???? it only makes sense since BIOSHOCK 2 will be multiplatform.

Around the Network

Microsoft bought the right for the first one. That is why it was only for Xbox 360 and PC

Umm...even if it's true, coming out on the PS3 after the PC and an entire year later might not be such a good thing?

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

I doubt it. The lead dev said "Microsoft bought the exclusive rights to Bioshock, its not going anywhere except PC and Xbox 360."

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
I doubt it. The lead dev said "Microsoft bought the exclusive rights to Bioshock, its not going anywhere except PC and Xbox 360."

Link? thought not and this would explain the job listings said to be looking for PS3 adept developers.

Around the Network

@Bleu
Actually I think they said it to PS3 fanboy, I googled what Starcraft mentioned after his post, and I found something mentioning the exclusivity and MS buying the rights. It wasn't completely definitive, but what it I guess. Try not to be so hostile Bleu

linky:  http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/08/24/bioshock-dev-confirms-no-ps3-version/

No it's not expected to sell well, but the point of it is that the sequel is, according to that article, all but confirmed as multiplatform. They're obliged to release the first one no matter how late in order that people will be up to speed with the story before Bioshock 2 hits.

Torillian said:

@Bleu
Actually I think they said it to PS3 fanboy, I googled what Starcraft mentioned after his post, and I found something mentioning the exclusivity and MS buying the rights. It wasn't completely definitive, but what it I guess. Try not to be so hostile Bleu

linky:  http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/08/24/bioshock-dev-confirms-no-ps3-version/

But that article was dated almost a year ago and it could have been a timed exclusive or rumor altogether.The above article also stated no comment when IGN contacted T2 so it is possible.

True true, which is why it's not completely definitive, but it is strong evidence. Mainly I just wanted to show you that there was a link that Starcraft was eluding to.

Torillian said:
True true, which is why it's not completely definitive, but it is strong evidence. Mainly I just wanted to show you that there was a link that Starcraft was eluding to.

True and thanks for linking it.