By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - This cannot be a good article for the Wii

Growing a Wii bit bored

Nick Lewis, Calgary Herald

Published: Wednesday, April 23, 2008

In an interview with gaming publication IGN.com, the president of Epic Games, which produces the incredible Gears of War for the Xbox 360, dumped on Nintendo's Wii, dismissing the system that has sold 20 million units as a fad that will soon wane, and saying his company won't ever be releasing games on it.

"The first time I played a videogame with my parents was on Atari 2600," says Mike Capps. "The next time I played a videogame with my parents . . . was Wii Tennis. So it's about bringing people together, families, Thanksgiving, all that. I think it's kind of like a weird virus because I have not yet found a reason to play with my Wii since then.

"It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, 'Oh my God, that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it. So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then goes out and buys it and so on.

"Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on."

SNIP--- Link here for full article

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Around the Network

considering his background, I'm hardly surprised

This has already been posted...

As far as business models go a Virus model is fairly ideal so long as the original hosts don't die off (i.e. abandon traditional game completely in this sense).

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

He's the president of Epic games, a company that exists selling high performance middle-ware on the 360 and PS3.

TheSource said:

This has already been posted... 

You forgot to put the link to the first thread on this matter Jake:  http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=24482

Around the Network

This is old, I think its more important to look at other devs

than this one F/K epic, worry about Valve, ID, Activision, High Voltage ect... 

This guy doesn't want the Wii to succeed because the PS3 and 360 is where all his companies games go. Therefore Wii succeeds, epic failure.

exsudis said:

This is old, I think its more important to look at other devs

than this one F/K epic, worry about Valve, ID, Activision, High Voltage ect... 

They probably all agree and wont be making any games for the wii either.