By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy 13 or Gran Turismo 5?

twesterm said:
windbane said:
twesterm said:
windbane said:
twesterm said:
I can't say much about GT5 since I don't really follow racing games (I guess it's big?) but I have the funny feeling FFXIII isn't going to do much and it just going to be a general disappointment.

I'm sure it's going to look *fantastic* but I'm also sure it's going to be a mess and just not that good.

So I guess my answer is GT5 and GT5.

You guess it's big? I hope that's sarcasm because the sales numbers are right on this site. No Final Fantasy game as been a big mess, so there's no reason to expect FF13 to be one. Square-Enix is counting on it being a huge series.

As I said I don't pay a lick of attention to the series and don't really care to read the charts because, again, I don't care in any way at all about the series.

As for FFXIII, I imagine that the games plot has been started and restarted so many times that now it's just a whole lot of ideas thrown together because remaking things time after time is expensive and they know that they could crap in a box and Sephiroth fanboys would still buy it.

FF13 will be fine. As for GT5: for a guy that likes to comment so much on sales, conveniantly ignoring one of the best selling franchises ever seems odd. Do you also not know that GTA sells well? Come on...

When do I comment on sales?  I generally stay away from commenting on sales (except of course for the random occasional thread like this one) because I *hate* commenting on sales.  I don't even remember the last time I actually even looked at the sales numbers on the top of the page.

And yes, I ignore the GT series because I hate it.  I hate racing games.  I hate cars.  I hate games about cars.  I'll tolerate a game like Mario Kart and Twisted Metal but I avoid games like Gran Turismo like the plague.  They could not bore me more.  

Now, does that mean I'm saying GT is a bad game?  No, it's a perfectly fine game.  So should you get offended by what I said?  No, because I'm talking about a game that I couldn't give a flip about and I'm saying nothing about you. 

I have never liked sim racers. Until GT5, I've not been interested, and I only want to rent GT5. That said, claiming ignorance to the fact that it's one of the highest selling games ever is just odd. It's like not knowing pokemon is popular. You comment in the weekly sales chart threads. That's what I'm referring to. If you had no interest in sales you wouldn't go there. You just have no credibility on this subject if you don't know how well they sell. Have you enjoyed any FF games? You seem so sure that FF13 will suck but every single FF game in the last decade and a half has been very well received. Just odd comments.

Around the Network

gran turismo overall

followed by final fantasy especially in japan.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Considering Japan is weak this generation on PS3 and that is Final Fantasy Land, while Europe is it's largest and that is the main Gran Turismo Land, combined with the fact of last generation sales...

GT5 for sure.

windbane said:
twesterm said:
windbane said:
twesterm said:
windbane said:
twesterm said:
I can't say much about GT5 since I don't really follow racing games (I guess it's big?) but I have the funny feeling FFXIII isn't going to do much and it just going to be a general disappointment.

I'm sure it's going to look *fantastic* but I'm also sure it's going to be a mess and just not that good.

You guess it's big? I hope that's sarcasm because the sales numbers are right on this site. No Final Fantasy game as been a big mess, so there's no reason to expect FF13 to be one. Square-Enix is counting on it being a huge series.

As I said I don't pay a lick of attention to the series and don't really care to read the charts because, again, I don't care in any way at all about the series.

As for FFXIII, I imagine that the games plot has been started and restarted so many times that now it's just a whole lot of ideas thrown together because remaking things time after time is expensive and they know that they could crap in a box and Sephiroth fanboys would still buy it.

FF13 will be fine. As for GT5: for a guy that likes to comment so much on sales, conveniantly ignoring one of the best selling franchises ever seems odd. Do you also not know that GTA sells well? Come on...

When do I comment on sales? I generally stay away from commenting on sales (except of course for the random occasional thread like this one) because I *hate* commenting on sales. I don't even remember the last time I actually even looked at the sales numbers on the top of the page.

And yes, I ignore the GT series because I hate it. I hate racing games. I hate cars. I hate games about cars. I'll tolerate a game like Mario Kart and Twisted Metal but I avoid games like Gran Turismo like the plague. They could not bore me more.

Now, does that mean I'm saying GT is a bad game? No, it's a perfectly fine game. So should you get offended by what I said? No, because I'm talking about a game that I couldn't give a flip about and I'm saying nothing about you.

I have never liked sim racers. Until GT5, I've not been interested, and I only want to rent GT5. That said, claiming ignorance to the fact that it's one of the highest selling games ever is just odd. It's like not knowing pokemon is popular. You comment in the weekly sales chart threads. That's what I'm referring to. If you had no interest in sales you wouldn't go there. You just have no credibility on this subject if you don't know how well they sell. Have you enjoyed any FF games? You seem so sure that FF13 will suck but every single FF game in the last decade and a half has been very well received. Just odd comments.

You find it odd that I don't follow a game I don't like? See, I find that odd.

And I'm not sure what thread you're talking about, I'm sure it exists, but like I said, that was probably just one of those random threads I saw something interesting about or I just clicked the wrong thread (I do that fairly often when I'm on my laptop).

And yes, I have enjoyed plenty of FF games. I loved FF, FFIV, FFVI, and FFXI (though as an MMO, not a FF games). FFVII wasn't bad, I just don't think it's the uber game that fanboys think it is. FFIX also wasn't bad at all though I just wasn't in love with the last 1/3 of the game.

As for VIII, X, and XII, they are absolute crap and I don't see SE changing how they do things. They are going to continue to blind people with the pretty pictures so sephiroth and cloud fanboys will continue to ignore the bad gameplay, story, and characters.

-edit-

And just so you think that I think well I tried a racing game 10 years ago and it sucked so they must still suck! type of person I did try Burnout Paradise a few months back.  It was fun for about 10 minutes and then I went back to hating racing games (and the slow motion crash/physics demo after slow motion crash/physics demo didn't help)/ 

twestern, I'm saying it's common knowledge. You don't need to be a fan to know it sells well. I have never played Pokemon but I know it's popular. I've never played Nintendogs but I know it's popular. I haven't played GTA much but I know it's popular.

It would seem logical to check how well the previous games have sold before commenting on which sequel will sell more.

Around the Network

Didn't I say that GT was big and it would sell more though?

Japan is weak in PS3 right now because FF13 not out yet. Therefore I will guess that FF13 will move more consoles. As for which sells more, I still think FF13 as well.

(My whole purpose of the PS3 was FF13 and Versus 13. If neither of those are on PS3 ever, then GT5 alone is not enough for me to pick up a PS3 at all until price is sub-200).

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

I think FFXII will move more consoles and Gran Turismo sell more copies!

Gran Turismo 5 for both!

I'll say GT5 sells 7-8 million

FF13 only sells 4-5 million

those numbers are lower than past games cause the userbase is way lower than for GT3/GT4.

twesterm said:

I agree with the bolded part.  But I am sure that FFXIII Versus will blow everyone away.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS