By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Preditcion: The end of the Wii

I don't want to be mean or anything, but it seems like none of your outlandish predictions ever seem to pass. The people who play GTA4 aren't necessarily Mario Kart fans and vice versa.. there's plenty of room in the market for both.  Your posts are funny though, I'll give them that.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Sqrl said:

@fishyjoe,

your numbers are all off, I have it on good authority from my friends at PS-Triple Analysis™ Inc that this is the way things will go down:

As you can see, on the release date of GTA IV an 3lite group of sony programmers will finally learn the secrets of teh cell tapping into 360% of its power allowing them to time travel and retro actively beat wii sales. In effect, what sony has been saying all along is true...the PS3 has been winning this generation...we just had to wait for the dilutationisms to wear off so we could see the effects of this enormous breakthrough.

This graph stops short of the second half of 2008 because it is realized that nobody actually understands the potential of the cell and my insiders feel it would be presumptious to guess at such thing which could potentially anger teh cell and cause retribution on their families.

bumping to the next page for awesomeness.

love this graph!!!

jjseth said:
Well... I'll make this prediction. Next week the 360 and PS3 will increase hardware sales percentage wise far higher then Nintendo. :) Thats a easy prediction to make since the Wii will most likely have a slight downturn next week as I have a feeling they stacked the shipments for this weekend and will have shorter supplies.

In fact, look for them both to beat the wii individually in hardware numbers WW for next week. (as in sales that happen next week, not the ones released next week). Sure, Wii Fit is coming and for some reason people actually WANT to buy it, and MKwii is coming soon which has a big following.

But, GTA4 will outsell MKwii easily. Week 1 and lifetime.

I am not sure that even that will happen. Toys R Us is releasing units next Sunday (signs up in stores already). That usually means big hardware movement. Plus Kart is a good draw -- not a phenomenal one but a good one -- and Wii Fit is less than a month away.

(If anyone questions how crazy the gaming market in Japan is -- Wii Fit is only 200K units behind PS3).

Mike from Morgantown 

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Wow, some people took him seriously. Not even Joel takes Joel seriously anymore, guys.

All the people Ps3 bashing here are just as BAD as Leo-J

as for Leo-J...{sigh}

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Sqrl said:

I kinda wonder if this is what leo-j had in mind (pretend there is a GTA IV disc in the PS3).

Priceless, the PS3 army is outnumbered 2:1

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Thread of the year!

leo-j said:

Its only a matter of time, (SHAMS this )

[...]

This is my prediction, GTA will kill the wii.

Stabbing it in its sleep?

Edit: Ooops! Didn't see Sqrl's picture, great! ROTFL 

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

ctk495 said:
Guys stop posting in this thread,leo j just wants attention,and guess what we are giving him what he wants.The kid haven't post in the days and all the sudden he makes a stupid and retard prediction and the thread becomes a success.

Well, this looks a lot like the recipe for success of Big Brother and the other crappy reality shows...  

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

@OP

Attentionwhore

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut