By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best indie games 5 euro..ish or under.

Found two more great looking Vampire survivor clones but don't make the list at 9.99. Thought I'd mention Soulstone survivors and Deeprock Galagtic survivors which seem to be worth the extra few quid, the look like really polished versions of this "horde survival" genre.

Around the Network

I'm not exactly sure how much those games costs in the US, but based on how much I remember paying for them here:

Terraria: probably the best indie game ever, seriously if someone still doesn't know it, go give it a try.

Don't Starve: another superb game, excellent survival game, very funny and also pretty hard to master.

Risk of Rain: very fun for around 20 minute runs. game gets harder the longer you take to progress, very dynamic and really fun.

Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight: very nice little metroidvania, much more simplistic than the ones above, but it's pretty good.

FEZ: very clever game, somewhat short but feels very satisfying to play and solve all it has to offer.

Reventure: one of the funniest games I've ever played, you can die in a hundred different ways and discovering those while using them to learn how to actually progress in the game is a blast, DO NOT LOOK UP stuff, try it all yourself!

Kindergarten: another hilarious game, but much more messed up, trying to learn by dying in different ways and eventually uncover the mistery is a shared trait with Reventure.

Luck be a Landlord: extremely addicting game, you have to gamble in a sort of a slot machine so you can keep up paying your rent and not get expelled, very creative and hard to put down, you are warned.

Super Auto Pets: the game is free, it looks silly, and it is, but it's also very easy to get addicted on it.

Celeste goes in-and-out of $5 sale, same with Undertale (probably). Ofc i’m sure everyone on this forum alrdy owns these games at this point lol.

If you ever see Astebreed on sale grab it. My fave indie game of all time.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

firebush03 said:

Celeste goes in-and-out of $5 sale, same with Undertale (probably). Ofc i’m sure everyone on this forum alrdy owns these games at this point lol.

Ya probably,,Undertale is on PS catalogue and celeste got enough buzz at release. I bought celeste died two or three times and never played it again. Thanks for the options but they don't meet the criteria, I'm specifically looking for games that are priced for a long time or enter the market from 0.01 cent to like 7.99 if really stretching the buffer out, preferablly 4.99 which is the spot the devs are trying to hit.

Why? Idk, at this point tbh. But something about finding a game at this low of a price point and finding it out it's an absolute gem well beyond it's value. I know you get that with sales on the "bigger" indie stuff but my brain is telling me it's not the same. 

Around the Network
Leynos said:

If you ever see Astebreed on sale grab it. My fave indie game of all time.

You mentioned this before, it's in my wishlist and looking forward to the day I do play it. Looks fun as all hell, indeed. 

BraLoD said:

I'm not exactly sure how much those games costs in the US, but based on how much I remember paying for them here:

Terraria: probably the best indie game ever, seriously if someone still doesn't know it, go give it a try.

Don't Starve: another superb game, excellent survival game, very funny and also pretty hard to master.

Risk of Rain: very fun for around 20 minute runs. game gets harder the longer you take to progress, very dynamic and really fun.

Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight: very nice little metroidvania, much more simplistic than the ones above, but it's pretty good.

FEZ: very clever game, somewhat short but feels very satisfying to play and solve all it has to offer.

Reventure: one of the funniest games I've ever played, you can die in a hundred different ways and discovering those while using them to learn how to actually progress in the game is a blast, DO NOT LOOK UP stuff, try it all yourself!

Kindergarten: another hilarious game, but much more messed up, trying to learn by dying in different ways and eventually uncover the mistery is a shared trait with Reventure.

Luck be a Landlord: extremely addicting game, you have to gamble in a sort of a slot machine so you can keep up paying your rent and not get expelled, very creative and hard to put down, you are warned.

Super Auto Pets: the game is free, it looks silly, and it is, but it's also very easy to get addicted on it.

Thank you very much. 

Unfortunately many here price themselves at 9,99 and Super Auto Pets is free but I'll accept Don't Starve as it has a 4.49 price tag on mobile and console and Revenventure at 7.99. Both with very positive reviews. 

Last edited by LegitHyperbole - 2 days ago

LegitHyperbole said:
BraLoD said:

Thank you very much. 

Unfortunately many here price themselves at 9,99 and Super Auto Pets is free but I'll accept Don't Starve as it has a 4.49 price tag on mobile and console and Revenventure at 7.99. Both with very positive reviews. 

A shame, I definitely paid around $2 to $5 in most of them, don't fit your criteria but must be on sale quite often.

BraLoD said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Thank you very much. 

A shame, I definitely paid around $2 to $5 in most of them, don't fit your criteria but must be on sale quite often.

Yeah they seem great. I don't think you can get Risk of rain anymore, just Rusk of Rain 2. I played that one and Fez. Didn't really enjoy FEZ but Risk of rain 2 is fantastic if just a little bit to difficult. I'll try reventure, puty it's not on ps4 but I don't mind dusting off my switch. 

LegitHyperbole said:
psychicscubadiver said:

Can vouch for Gato Roboto; that game was a lot of fun.

Are you including sales or just base price around $5?

Base price. I'm looking for games that set out to enter the market at that price and not games that reduced their price at some point in time. I never came across this price point before, outside of mobile, which is odd cause it seems to be the majority of games on steam, PSN and the switch store, it feels like fishing for golden nuggets but what really fascinates me is the scope of the games and the fun ratio to how simplistic these games can be or how they can make something so simple be so deep. When the stars alighn and they succeed they do so much with so little and give such value that greatly exceeds what they are priced at because they chose to enter the market at such a budget and compete with such a massive amount of similarly priced games. One finger death punch looks like an unbelievable amount of fun. You could live off of these games and be eating well or at least have a side game always going depending on how big this pool is... if the gems or rough diamonds can be fished out. 

It reminds me of the old site Addicting Games from back in the day and how you'd dump hours into trying to get a high score on the Helicopter game. 

Tadpole Treble Encore: probably a bit much for the category at $8.99 but it's a great rhythm game with very cute animation and original songs. Not very long, but it's got a ton of replayability going for high scores on each of the levels.

The Bug Butcher: $7.99 another short one, but it's like old flash game shooters given a serious upgrade. Plus there is just something satisfying about blasting endless swarms of enemies.

Downwell:$2.99 Rogue-lite with simple but addictive gameplay. Fast paced and tough as nails