By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Until Dawn remaster player count 28% weaker than Concord based on TrueTrophies data

https://www.truetrophies.com/news/until-dawn-ps5-player-count

• Until Dawn's debut is 28.6% smaller than Concord's
  • The PlayStation Studios horror game saw 98.5% fewer players than The Last Of Us Part 2 Remastered
  • 95.5% smaller than Astro Bot's player count
  • The small pool of PS5 players could be down to the lack of marketing

Around the Network

Seemed like an odd choice for Sony to remaster, the original wasn't a big seller and it has only been 9 years. Lots of factors working against it too, low marketing budget, short game (8-10 hours) for full price ($60), no cheaper upgrade path for owners of the original.

shikamaru317 said:

Seemed like an odd choice for Sony to remake, the original wasn't a big seller and it has only been 9 years. Lots of factors working against it too, low marketing, short game for full price, no cheaper upgrade path for owners of the original.

The price is also way too high. 70 euros.. maybe if it was 50€ and had more marketing they would sell much more.

Unlike Concord it is a good game for those that have played it yet. I wouldn't buy it again, but it's still good fun.

rapsuperstar31 said:

Unlike Concord it is a good game for those that have played it yet. I wouldn't buy it again, but it's still good fun.

Yep, it's a good game, so hopefully people will buy it when it falls to a lower price. $60 is just too much to ask for an 8-10 hour game imo. 

Around the Network

Lame game that followed every tired horror cliche. Granted I am a horror film enthusiast but every jumpscare was so predictable for me I just had a bored face knowing it was going to happen. Everyone in my PT lived. Sony remaking PS4 games is stupid. PS4 is BC. They rather spend money on the most unnecessary remakes than simply patch them to run better on PS5. So good. Let it fail. The more of these stupid 1 gen old remakes that flop the better.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Ironically, Until Dawn more than quadrupled Concord's player count on PC lol

They remade it in anticipation for the film. It's a boring choice but I imagine it will get a bump in future... Honestly though, they wouldn't of had issue reselling the PS4 title.

Just imagine this effort went in a Jak and Daxter remake or something :')

Pretty crappy they didn't offer the $10 upgrade.

shikamaru317 said:

Seemed like an odd choice for Sony to remaster, the original wasn't a big seller and it has only been 9 years. Lots of factors working against it too, low marketing budget, short game (8-10 hours) for full price ($60), no cheaper upgrade path for owners of the original.

They're likely setting up for a sequel. 

And the original was a considered a big success for them. (Mostly because it had a small budget.)