By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metaphor: ReFantazio - Reviews: 94 Metacritic / 92 Opencritic

LegitHyperbole said:
Farsala said:

Yeah I am playing on hard, I decided to do hard after all, because I want to savor this game. Taking a few extra tries on bosses or dungeons, slightly extends the playtime. If I actually listen to the informants, generally I can clear the dungeons anyway.

Currently leveling up my 2nd group of archetypes for 2 characters due to getting very nice gear for my new tank.

How are you tackling leveling? Just find a room in a Palace and wait for respawns? I need a way to get my team of all seeker archetypes up to level 15 for the cyclone ability to take on that horned beast in the side dungeon. 

I explore everything, usually kill until my mp runs out. There are a lot of sidequests and side dungeons to get any extra xp. After awhile my level gets higher and the regular mobs die in the overworld. When I went back for a bounty in the first area, the sandworms gave a lot of xp for no effort. I only cleared the area once though, just to explore for loot.

Around the Network
Farsala said:
LegitHyperbole said:

How are you tackling leveling? Just find a room in a Palace and wait for respawns? I need a way to get my team of all seeker archetypes up to level 15 for the cyclone ability to take on that horned beast in the side dungeon. 

I explore everything, usually kill until my mp runs out. There are a lot of sidequests and side dungeons to get any extra xp. After awhile my level gets higher and the regular mobs die in the overworld. When I went back for a bounty in the first area, the sandworms gave a lot of xp for no effort. I only cleared the area once though, just to explore for loot.

Cool. So does one really need to go leveling other archetypes then for certain dungeon or just let it happen naturally? 🤔 If you're having no trouble on hard then I guess not...

BTW, I've only finished the cathedral an hour back cause I had to restart the prologue to pop trophies. 

Time Marches on and the day of a new king draw nearer. 

LegitHyperbole said:
Shikamo said:

I already played more than 20 hours and the game exceeded my expectations and I have certain that the game is a goty contender. I'll write here more about my experience with the game in the future.

Did the demo achiements pop for you when loaded the full game?

I played the prologue all over again, so I got the achievements

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Shikamo said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Did the demo achiements pop for you when loaded the full game?

I played the prologue all over again, so I got the achievements

Same. Damn, you're over 20 hours in, after a restart, You're going hard. 

Around the Network

I'm just over 10 hours (speed ran the prologue though) in and wildly addicted. I have a few complaints (aside from the gameplay to story ratio and pacing to be off) but nothing overly significant from the ones I had out the gate with the demo, this has the potential to be up there with Neir Automata, Fure Emblem Three houses and Tales of Arise as my best JRPGs if it keeps on this trajectory and doesn't falter.

Last edited by LegitHyperbole - 5 days ago

Xbox Series: 75 GB (2 Discs)
PS5: 37 GB (1 disc)

Weird how the filesize is so wildly different that it takes up a second disc on Xbox.

Hiku said:

Weird how the filesize is so wildly different that it takes up a second disc on Xbox.

I'm still not sure what the second disc is for because it never forced me to swap it during the install process. It did download about half the game off the network, so I wonder if it's for people without a network connection to install the full game from the discs?

Shaunodon said:
Hiku said:

I'm still not sure what the second disc is for because it never forced me to swap it during the install process. It did download about half the game off the network, so I wonder if it's for people without a network connection to install the full game from the discs?

Oh, maybe that's what it is.
Is your game's filesize now around 75 GB?

Last edited by Hiku - 5 days ago

Hiku said:
Shaunodon said:

Oh, maybe that's what it is.
Is you game's filesize now around 75 GB?

Yeah.