By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 39, 2024 (Sep 23 - Sep 29)

In the main post, which would you rather see first?

Software 10 50.00%

Hardware 5 25.00%

Don't care 5 25.00%

Total:20
PAOerfulone said:

Solid opening week numbers for Zelda + a noticeable bump for Switch hardware - Which is now just 1-2 weeks of sales away from 34 million LTD in Japan and RIGHT before sales traditionally start picking steam in preparation for the holiday season.
Just how much gas does that thing still have left in the tank?!

Japan loves Hybrids. They just go a little further on the same tank (pun very much intended!)

Around the Network
Tober said:

2024 Year-to-Date, Switch now almost doubles PS5.

Good opening for Zelda EoW. I believe Link's Awakening was about 140-150K opening in 2019.

Surprising to see Zelda at Yen6980. I guess Nintendo left the 'standard*' price of Yen5980 now in Japan. In my country it still is the 'standard*' Eur59,99.

(* I know some games like botw/totk were already priced differently)

And to think that, in the beginning of the year, "Will the PS5 outsell the Switch?" was a topic of discussion

So going by the model breakdown from last week to this week, it seems the Hyrule edition Switch Lite moved around 20k. (Unless of course several thousand people bought regular Lites to play Echoes of Wisdom, but given that the OLED and base models saw almost no change from last week, it would seem the bump likely comes mostly from the new edition)

I wonder what that translates to worldwide.