By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Score the games you've beaten this year from 1-10.

My 2024 in gaming has been..

Great 4 28.57%

Good 7 50.00%

Poor 1 7.14%

Abysmal 0 0%

I haven't played much cau... 2 14.29%

Total:14

Does it include older games I've played again? If so

Elden Ring - 10
Elden Ring DLC - 10
Bloodborne - 10
Dark Souls 3 - 10
Baldurs Gate 3 - 10
Divinity OS2 - 9
FE 3 Houses - 9
FE Engage - 8
FE Echoes Shadows of Valentia - 9
FE Fates Conquest - 8
FE Blazing Blade - 7
FE Sacred Stones - 6
Resident Evil 3 Remake - 8
Resident Evil 2 Remake - 10
Tales of Arise - 6
FF VII Rebirth- 9
Astrobot - 9
Chrono Cross - 8
Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines - 7
Persona 3 Reloaded- 9
Crash Team Racing (remake) - 9

I want to finish X-com 2, looks a solid 8/10 for me

A lot of time dedicated for retrogaming I guess

Around the Network
LegitHyperbole said:
epicurean said:

Mortal Kombat 1 - 5/10
Lies of P - 8/10
Persona 3 Reload - 7/10
FF VII Rebirth - This is hard. Part of it is 10/10 and part of it is 3/10. I'll say 8. Minigame grind is rough. Otherwise a 9.
Stellar Blade - 7/10
Spider Man 2 - I got bored within 3 hours. So similar to Miles Morales and the first one. Dont think I could properly rank it.
Elden Ring/Shadow of Erdtreee - Played through from the beginning, then did the DLC. 10/10. The last boss was dumb though.
Baletro - I suck. For sucking so bad 6/10
Returnal - Love the gameplay, hate the loops - 7/10
Black Myth Wukong - 9/10
AstroBot - Only a few hours in, but so far 7/10

I bet everyone feels the same as spiderman as us, years in between titles isn't enough go get rid of the fatigue. I had 5 years between SM and Miles Morales (got bored at launch) and I still felt slight fatigue. Couldn't even think about SM2 until like 2028 at least. I hope Insomniac does a new titles between now and SM3. I wonder could they get away with putting SM in a new city but even then, way to much fatigue even if they opened up New Jersey and the tri state area you can only play so much spiderman. 

And woah, 7/10 for Astrobot. That's against the grain. How did you feel about Lies of P's penultimate boss Lasaxia? I knocked a point off cause of that and some other bosses getting hard, next boss is a hit try kill, next boss is hard, next on one try etc. Cause of the difficulty curve but I found Lasaxia to be truly atrocious in difficulty design. 

Yeah...I waited to buy SM2 until it was on sale and I had a gap between finishing a game and waiting for something to come out. So I tried it. And...it just felt the exact same as the other games. And for some, maybe thats great, but I'm ready to move on at this point. The only real reason I wanted to try and get through it is they are supposed to have a venom game in development, and I figured it tied in. But I agree, they need some other games at this point. I'm worried we've lost them as anything but a Marvel developer. Would love a new IP from them.

I posted about Astrobot in its thread....just hasn't grabbed me yet. I think its fantastically made, I just think the genre has passed me by. Still playing it though.

Honestly I dont remember specific bosses much from Lies of P. But I know that when I finished it I kept playing because I was really enjoying it. Definitely my favorite non-From Software souls game. 

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

epicurean said:
LegitHyperbole said:

I bet everyone feels the same as spiderman as us, years in between titles isn't enough go get rid of the fatigue. I had 5 years between SM and Miles Morales (got bored at launch) and I still felt slight fatigue. Couldn't even think about SM2 until like 2028 at least. I hope Insomniac does a new titles between now and SM3. I wonder could they get away with putting SM in a new city but even then, way to much fatigue even if they opened up New Jersey and the tri state area you can only play so much spiderman. 

And woah, 7/10 for Astrobot. That's against the grain. How did you feel about Lies of P's penultimate boss Lasaxia? I knocked a point off cause of that and some other bosses getting hard, next boss is a hit try kill, next boss is hard, next on one try etc. Cause of the difficulty curve but I found Lasaxia to be truly atrocious in difficulty design. 

Yeah...I waited to buy SM2 until it was on sale and I had a gap between finishing a game and waiting for something to come out. So I tried it. And...it just felt the exact same as the other games. And for some, maybe thats great, but I'm ready to move on at this point. The only real reason I wanted to try and get through it is they are supposed to have a venom game in development, and I figured it tied in. But I agree, they need some other games at this point. I'm worried we've lost them as anything but a Marvel developer. Would love a new IP from them.

I posted about Astrobot in its thread....just hasn't grabbed me yet. I think its fantastically made, I just think the genre has passed me by. Still playing it though.

Honestly I dont remember specific bosses much from Lies of P. But I know that when I finished it I kept playing because I was really enjoying it. Definitely my favorite non-From Software souls game. 

You'd remember her if you seen her, the only boss that can fly pr stay up in the air. Ridiculous boss with a Ridiculous moveset that requires a summons to take aggro to have a chance to fight. 

LegitHyperbole said:
epicurean said:

You'd remember her if you seen her, the only boss that can fly pr stay up in the air. Ridiculous boss with a Ridiculous moveset that requires a summons to take aggro to have a chance to fight. 

Ah yes! I had to look up a video of the fight, but then remembered it. That took me a good long time. I dont think I summoned, but I know I was looking up guides and whatnot. Yeah, that had me cursing a lot. I think the final boss for if you chose the ending where you had to fight his real son was really frustrating as well.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

epicurean said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Ah yes! I had to look up a video of the fight, but then remembered it. That took me a good long time. I dont think I summoned, but I know I was looking up guides and whatnot. Yeah, that had me cursing a lot. I think the final boss for if you chose the ending where you had to fight his real son was really frustrating as well.

That's the thing for me, always the same with this game. I beat the final boss on my first try and cut threw him like he was made of cheese after dying to Lasaxia a good 50+ times. You go from insane fight like the illusion walker in that tiny room to a pushover as the next boss. The difficulty curve is something they really have to iron out for their next game, can't have it going up and down like that cause it makes the game feel so cheap. 

Around the Network
LegitHyperbole said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

I'm only counting games I started this year rather than going back and beating.

No Rest for the Wicked - 8/10 (although I will have to return as the game is still in Early Access)

Spider-Man 2 - 7/10 (my enjoyment for the game has cooled down as time has gone on)

Star Wars Dark Forces Remaster - 9/10

Dragon's Dogma 2 - 7/10

Marathon 1-3 (I'll give all 3 a 6/10. Need to be heavily modded to really enjoy them. Still cool to see old school Bungie return)

Mullet Mad Jack - 8/10

Selaco - 8/10

Hellblade 2 - 6/10

Contra: Operation Galuga - 7/10

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door - 10/10 (still as perfect as it was 20 years ago!)

Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess - 10/10

Cygni: All Guns Blazing - 4/10 (pretty visuals, mediocre shmup)

Age of Mythology: Retold - 9/10

Warhammer 40K: Space Marine 2 - 9/10

Astro Bot - 9/10 (Just finished all 5 main galaxies and will be starting my 100% run on the Lost Galaxy)

Unicorn Overlord - 9/10 (Great personal introduction to Vanillaware!)

Same as you with Spiderman in Miles Morales. It's like you need many years in between those titles to appreciate them again but...

Kunitsu-gami... 10/10? Wow. How so? Points for uniqueness or is it really that good. You scored it higher than Unicorn Overlord... elaborate please 😃 

I looooooooved Kunitsu-Gami! It's unapologetically a PS2-era game. Really not any dialogue, story is overall pretty simple, and even the positioning of the camera is from the era lol. It's Capcom Tower Defense is the over-simplification. 

But art direction is some of the most beautiful I've ever seen in a video game, the music was phenomenal, the enemies/bosses were varied with new enemy types added throughout the game in some very unique biomes and settings that aren't shown in the trailers, the hack n slash combat was insanely fun that allows you to have different sets of combos (nowhere near the level of DmC of course) but combo the hack n slash combat with an incredibly addicting Tower Defense system that allows for constant new and different strategies (almost reminiscent of a Real-Time Strategy game which is one of my favorite genres) and you have a game that is currently my GOTY. 

But I know it's more akin to my personal tastes rather than something that will appeal to many. 

But also seeing the "behind the scenes" videos Capcom has released, the first one showing how they used real-life miniatures and even practical visual effects in the game, showed just how much love and attention to detail the team put into this game. And it shows.

Final Fantasy VII Remake - PS5 - (second time too because i beat on ps4 too) - 10/10

Undertale - PS5 - (good and evil run for the second time, the firts time i played on pc)- 10/10

Resident Evil 4 Remake (second time) - PC - 10/10

Cyberpunk 2077 - PS5 - (all endings except the dlc ending) - 9/10

Fire Emblem Three Houses - Switch - (third time, church route) - 10/10

Final Fantasy XIV: Dawntrail - PC - 9/10

Persona 5 Royal - Switch - (third time) - 10/10

Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen - Switch - 8/10

Pokemon Platinum - NDS - (i dont know how many times I finished this game) - 10/10

Persona 3 Portable - PSP/PS VITA - 9/10

Persona Q -  N3DS - 8/10

Persona Q2 - N3DS -  9/10

Cat Cafe Manager - Switch - 7/10

Dave the Diver - PS5 - 8/10

Youtuber's Life OMFG edition - PC - 6/10

Youtuber's Life 2 - PC - 6/10

Cat Quest - PC - 6/10

Cygni: All Guns Blazing- PC - 7/10

Game Dev Story - PC - 6/10

Dungeon Village - PC - 6/10

Hot Springs Story = 7/10

Streamer Life Simulator - PC - 5/10

Pokemon Colosseum - Gamecube - 8/10

Luigi's Mansion - Gamecube - 10/10

I almost finished so many games that I dont even remember... Persona 3 reload (2 times). Dragons Dogma 2, Black Myth Wukong, Elden Ring and the DLC, Sekiro, The Witcher 3, Metal Gear Solid V, GTA IV, Yakuza 0, etc.

Last edited by Shikamo - 2 days ago

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
G2ThaUNiT said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Same as you with Spiderman in Miles Morales. It's like you need many years in between those titles to appreciate them again but...

Kunitsu-gami... 10/10? Wow. How so? Points for uniqueness or is it really that good. You scored it higher than Unicorn Overlord... elaborate please 😃 

I looooooooved Kunitsu-Gami! It's unapologetically a PS2-era game. Really not any dialogue, story is overall pretty simple, and even the positioning of the camera is from the era lol. It's Capcom Tower Defense is the over-simplification. 

But art direction is some of the most beautiful I've ever seen in a video game, the music was phenomenal, the enemies/bosses were varied with new enemy types added throughout the game in some very unique biomes and settings that aren't shown in the trailers, the hack n slash combat was insanely fun that allows you to have different sets of combos (nowhere near the level of DmC of course) but combo the hack n slash combat with an incredibly addicting Tower Defense system that allows for constant new and different strategies (almost reminiscent of a Real-Time Strategy game which is one of my favorite genres) and you have a game that is currently my GOTY. 

But I know it's more akin to my personal tastes rather than something that will appeal to many. 

But also seeing the "behind the scenes" videos Capcom has released, the first one showing how they used real-life miniatures and even practical visual effects in the game, showed just how much love and attention to detail the team put into this game. And it shows.

Wow, High praise. The idea of a modern day ps2 game is cool, I wrote this game off for some reason but I'll have to have another look now. Didn't even realise there was combat from what I seen. Very cool. 

LegitHyperbole said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

Wow, High praise. The idea of a modern day ps2 game is cool, I wrote this game off for some reason but I'll have to have another look now. Didn't even realise there was combat from what I seen. Very cool. 

Oh yeah, there's a ton of combat. Incredibly detailed and fluid hack n slash animations too. Just so I don't spoil too much, here's a video of the types of attacks the playable character (Soh) has. This is just from the demo that came out prior to release, so it's only a portion of the combos and abilities you have in the game. You can start at the 2:08 point in the video.

You actually don't HAVE to do the Tower Defense aspects. You can entirely solo the combat, but obviously, that makes everything incredibly difficult lol.

G2ThaUNiT said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Oh yeah, there's a ton of combat. Incredibly detailed and fluid hack n slash animations too. Just so I don't spoil too much, here's a video of the types of attacks the playable character (Soh) has. This is just from the demo that came out prior to release, so it's only a portion of the combos and abilities you have in the game. You can start at the 2:08 point in the video.

You actually don't HAVE to do the Tower Defense aspects. You can entirely solo the combat, but obviously, that makes everything incredibly difficult lol.

Looks good, damn I really wanna check this out now but I'm juggling to many games. Def gonna grab when it's on sale.