By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metaphor: ReFantazio Prologue Demo is available now for Xbox Series, PS4, PS5 and PC

Tagged games:

Well, was about to start another session and I'm half way through a dungeon, I think the first true dungeon and I've no mana with no way to rectify it. I wasn't feeling exactly excited or thrilled to boot up the demo again, now I don't feel like playing at all. Mp should auto refill at safe locations, that's a horrendous mistake. I can get 30MP back with items but sure that won't last long and normal attacks are useless. 

Last edited by LegitHyperbole - on 27 September 2024

Around the Network
LegitHyperbole said:

As good as the English VA is Japanese is SO much better.

Yeah turning down the music and going Japanese VA improved the experience quite a bit for me. If I buy this it'll be the first video game that I play in Japanese on a first playthrough.

LegitHyperbole said:

Well, was about to start another session and I'm half way through a dungeon, I think the first true dungeon and I've no mana with no way to rectify it. I wasn't feeling exactly excited or thrilled to boot up the demo again, now I don't feel like playing at all. Mp should auto refill at safe locations, that's a horrendous mistake. I can get 30MP back with items but sure that won't last long and normal attacks are useless. 

Like every Persona or many J-rpgs you need to manage your MP

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Shikamo said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Like every Persona or many J-rpgs you need to manage your MP

Thank God I made a save before I went into the dungeon. I was at least expecting items that would meaning fully refill it. I don't remember having to manage my MP in Persona 5, I feel I was always popping off big spells but it has been a while. 

LegitHyperbole said:

It's done like Persona 5. They don't expect you do go through the dungeon in one shot. But to leave and come back. Why is there a time limit.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:
LegitHyperbole said:

It's done like Persona 5. They don't expect you do go through the dungeon in one shot. But to leave and come back. Why is there a time limit.

Oh yeah. I forgot you had to do dungeons in waves, that's why it felt like you never ran out of MP. 

Shikamo said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Yeah, as long as it doesn't have aliasing I'm good with any graphics. Metaphor takes us back to ps3 era, possibly worse in terms of jaggies and it seems you can't get away from it on any system so like you said, it's the engine sadly and probably the reason for no HDR, indeed. A shame cuase this game looks better than any atlus game before it underneath the aliasing. Might actually leave this one be and go with SMTV instead it's that bad. 

I think Metaphor will have a nice boost on visuals via update on launch for PS5 and Xbox Series version, but the PS4 and Xbox One version will receive the demo version without AA.

The game is not releasing on Xbox One at all, just PS4.

I haven't followed everything on this one but figured I would buy it when it came out or shortly after. Do you still capture monsters/demons/etc like in the other Atlus games, and if so, do they at least have some new designs? Its gotten old capturing the exact same enemies over the last, like....5 games.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

epicurean said:

I haven't followed everything on this one but figured I would buy it when it came out or shortly after. Do you still capture monsters/demons/etc like in the other Atlus games, and if so, do they at least have some new designs? Its gotten old capturing the exact same enemies over the last, like....5 games.

No. In the 7 hour demo you do not capture anything. As for the Megaten series. More like dozens of games lol. You have to remember this series pre-dates Pokemon.  Metaphor tho is not related to those series. The enemies you just fight and they are mostly inspired by Hieronymus Bosch's paintings.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
epicurean said:

No. In the 7 hour demo you do not capture anything. As for the Megaten series. More like dozens of games lol. You have to remember this series pre-dates Pokemon.  Metaphor tho is not related to those series. The enemies you just fight and they are mostly inspired by Hieronymus Bosch's paintings.

Oh this makes me happy! Im not a big fan of capture/fuse/repeat gameplay, even tho I do like the Persona series. Sounds like this will be right up my alley. 

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS