By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR: Nintendo Switch 2 leaked factory images/specs/renders

Leynos said:

Switch 2 games won't be the size of PS5 games.

Black Ops 6 will be quite large.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
DroidKnight said:
Leynos said:

CoD games will be cloud games. Bet on it. Activision isn't going to do all that work. Take the lazy route. It's what they do.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
Chrkeller said:

Agreed.  It will be tight for sure.  And AAA third party will rip 256 gb apart.  Heck the 800 gb on the ps5 is way too small.

Agreed.  But even at 20 gb a piece, 256 will go quick.  A lot of ps5 games are hitting around 100 gb.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

I know I have 60 physical PS5 games and half are not installed. Even the 1TB additional stick I have is halfway full.

Leynos said:
DroidKnight said:

CoD games will be cloud games. Bet on it. Activision isn't going to do all that work. Take the lazy route. It's what they do.

Lag would be the compromise, doubtful.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
DroidKnight said:
Leynos said:

Lag would be the compromise, doubtful.

Already seen it done a bunch on Switch 1. This is not the era AB made special DS/Wii versions of CoD. They will do as little work as possible. They don't even optimize well on major consoles. No way they are putting in extra effort for a version that sells less. They are going cloud.

@Leynos CoD will not be cloud on Switch, that is complete nonsense. It would be on Switch NOW if that was the case. It's also very bad logic to say the least selling version will get little effort if your hopes are to grow the franchise on the platform to begin with. Cloud would obviously limit the appeal. Also it's already been confirmed to not be cloud and have feature parity.

Fuck CoD anyway. Let's see Xenoblade and Astral Chain 2 running on it! I want to see Switch 1 BC and if there are any performance improvements.

DroidKnight said:

Something that doesn't look right is all the scratched up surfaces. Wouldn't all the plastic parts of been through painting and coating before circuit boards are installed? Maybe its just a prototype image.

Yeah, that triggered my “this looks like a cheap 3D print to me” flag.

I’m not sure what those renders are, but to me it looks like someone used it as a model for 3D printing.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Leynos said:
DroidKnight said:

100% agreed. They are not going to run CoD native on Switch 2. They are going for the easy route, It Just makes Sense for MS.