By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Pro revealed. November 7th 2024. $699

haxxiy said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

No mention of a CPU improvement, so the that will still be a bottleneck in CPU heavy games that upscaling or GPU improvements won't be able to fix.

I think they would have targeted that if CPU bottlenecks were being mentioned as a concern by developers.

That being said, 1.4x the price for 1.45x the performance is some Nvidia shit. Learning from the best, I suppose.

Tbf, given the asking price already, I don't think Sony could afford to have increase CPU speeds without increasing the asking price further another $50-$100.

Around the Network
Jules98 said:

Does it even support the buyable disk drive? I didn't see it mentioned anywhere.

As always we will have to wait for a blog post or a tweet to know the actual details.

Because... why make things clear when everyone is paying attention, right?

It does support the disc drive, but purchased separately.

yeah that’s awful. $699 for digital only is ridiculous. No way.

Tober said:

EUR 800
excludes the stand and the disc drive...

EUR 120 for Discdrive
EUR 30 for stand

Thats EUR 950 for the complete package.
(ok it includes tax, but still)

I think I'm gonna skip this one

Disgusting. They are telling people you are a second class citizen if you want to physically owns games.

Remind me who these people were--

Market leaders.. in hypocrisy.

Around the Network

It looks fine but it's not for me. The PS4 pro was an easy upgrade for the 4k/hdr that the PS4 lacked. $650 with a disc would have been my absolute highest price I would have considered it.

Why on earth is it a 2TB SSD??? Sell it with a 1TB SSD at $599 would have been a WAY more acceptable product lol.

Ok. There was at least a visually noticable upgrade to some of the games. That price make it very much a premium only console. Made for few entusiasts.

I can see a 3ds situation happening here with Sony potentially slashing the price and releasing some heavy hitting software to get people's attention

Also Sony might lower the price when the switch 2 is announced/released to make it look more appealing

While I love M2 memory, I do think it is hurting Sony at the moment. M2 memory is super expensive, I think it is driving costs more than consumers care.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED