By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Pro revealed. November 7th 2024. $699

G2ThaUNiT said:

$700 for digital only?!?! OOOF! You want to play discs, you're gonna be spending almost $800 for the separate disc drive.

plus tax

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

700 plus the disc drive, lol.

Shaunodon said:

Hold on... is that $699 with NO disc drive?? Lmao I'm out.

*Vertical stand sold separately

Including tax you shameless hater!

Bandorr said:

A Bit pricey but not really a concern.
You can always wait and it gets cheaper.
Probably good PS5 trade ins for those select people.

Considering prices have only gone up with not a single permanent price drop, gonna be waiting a while at least a couple of years for any substantive holiday price drop. 

Oof. Yeah, thanks but no thanks.

This is what you get for not buying Concord, guys.

Around the Network

Ouch, $700 is super expensive. pushing a PC build, especially since online is free and games are cheaper. I will be curious to see sales. I can't imagine many spending $700 on a console. Disk-less doesn't shock me, physically is dying. Next gen consoles, except S2, won't have physical as an option. It isn't worth the time/effort for Sony. I read an article that 89% of PS owners were digital.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

That was very...underwhelming...especially with that price...but, I guess there will be people who will buy it.

GT7 running with raytracing during the races and the new Sony upscalling AI tech are the good stuff, but the pricing, lol.

Yeah a very expensive premium console lol. It's not something I will be looking at getting anytime soon. Power wise it's about what I expected but $699 for a digital only version is a very though ask.

From the PS4's release on PS4 Pro accounted for 20% of PS4 sales, I would expect PS5 Pro to be more like 10% at that price. So 1 Pro sold for every 9 Slims.

No mention of a CPU improvement, so the that will still be a bottleneck in CPU heavy games that upscaling or GPU improvements won't be able to fix.