By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Pro revealed. November 7th 2024. $699

BraLoD said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

If I could pay 700 USD I'd maybe consider buying it in a year, but with taxes the price in Brazil is likely to be ~1300 USD, which is the price of a PC. It's better to buy a PC, I was planning to get one next year to play Civ VI

O PS5 Pro deve custar 7000 reais aqui, sem o leitor de disco, completamente insano.

Sim kkk, meu namorado sempre me zomba por ter consoles já que ele é adepto dos PCs. Dessa vez vou concordar que ele está correto e é melhor pegar um PC. Pena, adoro consoles, não consigo me acostumar a jogar a maioria dos jogos com teclado e mouse e gosto do setup de ter algo conectado permanentemente à TV. Também gosto de colecionar jogos físicos, mas a Sony está fazendo que está a seu alcance para nos fazer migrar pra digital.

---

Yes haha, my BF always teases me for having consoles since he's a PC enthusiast. This time I'll agree that he's right, and it's better to get a PC. It's a shame though, I love consoles, I can't get used to playing most of games with a keyboard and mouse, and I like the setup of having something permanently connected to the TV. I also like collecting physical games, but Sony is doing everything it can to make us switch to digital.

Around the Network

CNet is reporting that the AI upscaling feature will work across the entire game library without the need for games to be patched. "An AI-assisted upscaling mode, called PlayStation Spectral Super Resolution, works across the whole game library without any needed patch"

Not sure if this is misreporting or not, because that would be a very cool feature that Sony hasn't made clear.

Exclusive Hands-On: I Played Sony's All-New PS5 Pro - CNET

IcaroRibeiro said:
BraLoD said:

O PS5 Pro deve custar 7000 reais aqui, sem o leitor de disco, completamente insano.

Sim kkk, meu namorado sempre me zomba por ter consoles já que ele é adepto dos PCs. Dessa vez vou concordar que ele está correto e é melhor pegar um PC. Pena, adoro consoles, não consigo me acostumar a jogar a maioria dos jogos com teclado e mouse e gosto do setup de ter algo conectado permanentemente à TV

---

Yes haha, my BF always teases me for having consoles since he's a PC enthusiast. This time I'll agree that he's right, and it's better to get a PC. It's a shame though, I love consoles, I can't get used to playing most of games with a keyboard and mouse, and I like the setup of having something permanently connected to the TV. 

You can play games on PC with the controller too.

As I already have a PS5 it doesn't affect me, but it this carries over to what the PS6 will be like... probably dropping consoles too.

Zippy6 said:

CNet is reporting that the AI upscaling feature will work across the entire game library without the need for games to be patched. "An AI-assisted upscaling mode, called PlayStation Spectral Super Resolution, works across the whole game library without any needed patch"

Not sure if this is misreporting or not, because that would be a very cool feature that Sony hasn't made clear.

Exclusive Hands-On: I Played Sony's All-New PS5 Pro - CNET

In the blog post they said select PS4 games will benefit from it, don't remember any mention about the whole PS5 library, tho.

IcaroRibeiro said:
EpicRandy said:

Lol it looks like I was right on with the price prediction back in March

Sony and Microsoft's actions since the pandemic ended are screaming they want to do away with the subsidized model and make a decent premium from the get-go on every unit.

We might find this too expensive now but I suspect this will be kind of default by next-gen.

Yup, I honestly don't care. Switch still 300 USD with 2017 tec, it's my benchmark for true overpriced tec. I think console prices are quite cheap still, considering the value they provide. It's a machine that will run for at least 7 years, and I play more than 20 hours a week

Services and games in other hand are quite expensive for me. I've just paid 70 USD in Astrobot and I will get maybe 12 hours of gameplay which I can finish in a weekend. It's too expensive for a short game. I'm just focusing in long games, because I can't buy more than one game a month

Yeah, I don't view that as a bad thing either.

Yes, console prices are increasing but that's because subsidizing them has become increasingly challenging as games ROI have gone down. 

It was revealed during the FTC challenge of MS - ABK acquisition that Sony ROI was ~8% while MS was ~12%. Those. Sony's figure was confirmed this year by themselves (~7%). That's because, despite being more popular, most of their profits are redirected towards efforts to raise the limit imposed by their only ecosystem solutions with things like time exclusivity of 3rd party which Sony still used profusely. It was only a matter of time before shareholders asked why their dominant position was so fruitless compared to a less successful competitor and what is the point of continuing this way under those conditions.

On the upside, and I don't think people realize this to the full extent right now, moving consoles to a premium model also means moving away from exclusivity for both first and 3rd parties. So this to me only makes sense with Sony's earlier announcement that they are going to increase PC support.

Around the Network
IcaroRibeiro said:
BraLoD said:

Sim kkk, meu namorado sempre me zomba por ter consoles já que ele é adepto dos PCs. Dessa vez vou concordar que ele está correto e é melhor pegar um PC. Pena, adoro consoles, não consigo me acostumar a jogar a maioria dos jogos com teclado e mouse e gosto do setup de ter algo conectado permanentemente à TV. Também gosto de colecionar jogos físicos, mas a Sony está fazendo que está a seu alcance para nos fazer migrar pra digital.

---

Yes haha, my BF always teases me for having consoles since he's a PC enthusiast. This time I'll agree that he's right, and it's better to get a PC. It's a shame though, I love consoles, I can't get used to playing most of games with a keyboard and mouse, and I like the setup of having something permanently connected to the TV. I also like collecting physical games, but Sony is doing everything it can to make us switch to digital.

Well, good news for you at least is that practically all PC games support controllers. For me, unless it's an FPS game or hardcore Strategy game, I only play with a controller. 

Xbox controllers have native support in Windows and Steam/Epic Games Store fully support DualSense. More and more PC games fully support DualSense's features as well including haptic feedback and adaptive triggers. Although AFAIK, your DualSense needs to be wired to have the full benefit. 

Chrkeller said:

The price gap between PC and console is getting smaller. AMD focusing on price point, and not high end, will only tighten the gap. Add in cheaper games and free online... PC is going to grow. Perhaps that is why Sony and MS are both full PC now.

PC gaming isn't as expensive as people think it is.  It can be super expensive, but it doesn't have to be.  A 7800xt is a heck of a gpu for $450.  

I know we can, I just don't think playing on a monitor screen with a controller is as comfy as couch-play anyways. Maybe if I had a fixed cabinet connected to a TV I could replicate the feeling, but I also want a laptop to study, do research, etc

I'm not sure it's a brazillian thing, but PCs here are not sturdy. I feel like my PCs Always start having issues after a few years. Last one I bought 4 years ago is already useless. Consoles have a good life at least

I also have a PS5 so no effect on me as well. I think even for that price I'd still get a PS6, I like some of Sony's first parties and being able to play them early is a plus

But if they go all digital and offer no compensation, then I will probably skip their next console

The only way to make this thing look like good value is to put it next to the $599 2TB Series X. Then you're paying only $100 for the extra power. Which it's probably worth. But look at it from any other angle and unless you've got a lot of expendable income, hell no.

$599 1TB PS5 Pro is the way they should have gone.

G2ThaUNiT said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

---

More and more PC games fully support DualSense's features as well including haptic feedback and adaptive triggers. Although AFAIK, your DualSense needs to be wired to have the full benefit. 

That's great still, I love haptics from Dualsense, it's my favorite controller. I play strategy games and CRPGs using keyboard, because they are designed for it clearly, but otherwise I prefer controllers. I don't play FPS games though.

AMD could end console wars tomorrow by dumping discrete GPU's and making their own socs. I bet they could gave us a 7800 performance box for this price if they really wanted to.