By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Indie World/Partner Showcase 8.27

Here's a link to the Direct: 

What did you guys think of the event? Do you like the format of combining the two? What was your favorite game showcased? 

Poll of the Week

2024 Results
Jan | Feb | March | April | May | June | July | Aug | Sept | Oct | Nov

Around the Network

They announce a remake to Trails in the Sky FC, marking it the first time that the start (and arguably best entrypoint) of this long-running series is easily available in the west on consoles and they put it in the fucking sizzle reel.

Good Direct, 8 out of 10.

Marvel vs Capcom collection release date being in only a couple of weeks and Power Stone making its triumphant return instantly made this showcase a 10/10!

EDIT: Awesome to see Nintendo players getting to play Pizza Tower! The dev would publicly say he didn't have any interest in porting the game to console, but looks to be he succumbed to the public demand. Hope PS and Xbox ports are next!

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 27 August 2024

Capcom vs SNK 2 AND POWERSTONE 1/2?! Didn't care about anything else. Still 11/10.

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 27 August 2024

Going forward I hope they continue to combine the two, I think together they elevate each other to proper direct levels of interest.

As for the games... Europa and Morsels caught my attention. Star Overdrive looks incredibly fun but terrible graphically, sometimes it's hard to look past bad graphics.

I'll be getting Pizza Tower for sure in the coming months.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network

Motherfucking Trails in the Sky remake out of nowhere. That and Neva getting a release date was all I needed.

All great stuff, but my favorite was the 3D remake of Trails in the Sky The 1st.

New Rune Factory? great!
Worms Armageddon on the Switch? Yay!
As for the indies, Peglin and Moth Kubitt caught my eye.

Cool

They put Suikoden 1&2, DQ3 and Castlevania Collection one right after the other.  That had me jumping up and down with excitement.  Only mildly interested in anything else though.