By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 2024 US Presidential Election

Chrkeller said:

I'll say whatever I want.  Middle America typically refers to states between the east and west coast.  

Where I am from, Middle America refers to the countries between the USA and Venezuela, and to be clear, excludes both the USA and Venezuela.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Chrkeller said:

I'll say whatever I want.  Middle America typically refers to states between the east and west coast.  

Where I am from, Middle America refers to the countries between the USA and Venezuela, and to be clear, excludes both the USA and Venezuela.

That's what we call "Central" America.

Seems like PA, NC and GA in particular are key. 51 votes for those 3.

Edit

Democrats are "guaranteed" 226, need 44 more...  those 3 states seal the deal and are winnable. 

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 22 July 2024

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

RolStoppable said:
Chrkeller said:

I'm think there are a few key states.  Wisconsin, Michigan, Georgia, North Carolina, Virginia and Pennsylvania.  

I suspect Ohio and Florida are not on the table to flip.

Then say rust belt.

Key states are unsurprisingly those that have a recent history of being up for grabs, because the majority of states are pretty much locked down for one of the two parties.

If the democrats can take the rust belt (minus Ohio) plus Georgia and Arizona... wouldn't that be sufficient already?

If the Democratic Nominee wins Nebraska's 2nd district (fairly likely) then only the 3 rust belt states really matter. If all three go democratic while Nevada, Arizona, and Georgia go Red its a 270-268 victory for the democratic nominee

(Which based on polling is the most likely path for victory for a democratic nominee at this time)

Last edited by badskywalker - on 22 July 2024

Chrkeller said:

And I think Peter B is a great pic for running mate.  He is from Indiana and is ex-military.

I also like Pete but a black woman and a gay man would be attacked relentlessly as being “woke” or DEI hires.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

It has to be a plain white male moderate, Lol.

But Shapiro, Cooper, Beshear and Kelly are all strong choices.

Shapiro/Kelly are my favourites but they all offer something good.

The thought of Kelly, a former Navy Captain and Astronaut is a strong image.

Ryuu96 said:

This is off topic but is there anyway we can also get a new US Politics thread? Idk if anybody else has this issue but it is extremely glitchy for me. It will randomly reload or take me back to the top of the page while I’m scrolling down.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Ryuu96 said:

This is off topic but is there anyway we can also get a new US Politics thread? Idk if anybody else has this issue but it is extremely glitchy for me. It will randomly reload or take me back to the top of the page while I’m scrolling down.

Every thread has started to do that to me whilst on mobile lately...

Are you on mobile? I didn't consider reporting it until now.

I'll go and see if Bandorr knows anything first cause it may be a site bug.

Ryuu96 said:
zorg1000 said:

Yep I exclusively use mobile

zorg1000 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Yep I exclusively use mobile

Yeah, been happening to me too, for all threads though.

Can you check if it does it on other threads? Might be worth checking Russia/Ukraine or Xbox OT threads as a test.

I've a suspicion it's because of tweet embeds.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 22 July 2024