By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 2024 US Presidential Election

Democratic Party Candidate Republican Party Candidate
TBD

Donald J Trump

Around the Network

Reserving this post for later

Not convinced Harris can win. Middle America is key and the southeast. She being Cali, not sure she has appeal in key states like Georgia. She also has been blamed for the border which is a prime issue for many Americans.

But fingers crossed MAGA loses and goes away.

And I think Peter B is a great pic for running mate.  He is from Indiana and is ex-military.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:

Not convinced Harris can win. Middle America is key and the southeast. She being Cali, not sure she has appeal in key states like Georgia. She also has been blamed for the border which is a prime issue for many Americans.

And I think Peter B is a great pic for running mate.  He is from Indiana and is ex-military.

Middle America are the rural states like Montana and the Dakotas?

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

I do want to make a note here:

- Be kind

- Focus on facts. 

- No personal attacks

- Big claims need sources. If you're just here to flamebait nonsense, you will get kicked out.

- Feel free to make suggestions to improve this thread. To some extent, I think it'll be a work in progress until the next president is sworn in.

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 22 July 2024

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Chrkeller said:

I'm think there are a few key states.  Wisconsin, Michigan, Georgia, North Carolina, Virginia and Pennsylvania.  

I suspect Ohio and Florida are not on the table to flip.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
RolStoppable said:

I'm think there are a few key states.  Wisconsin, Michigan, Georgia, North Carolina, Virginia and Pennsylvania.  

Then say rust belt.

Key states are unsurprisingly those that have a recent history of being up for grabs, because the majority of states are pretty much locked down for one of the two parties.

If the democrats can take the rust belt (minus Ohio) plus Georgia and Arizona... wouldn't that be sufficient already?

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Chrkeller said:

Harris may not win, but Biden wasn't going to win. We could see his cognitive decline in real time, on top of the issues that were turning off voters like his support for Israel and the issue of the border that you mentioned (which somehow seems to be the biggest non-economic problem today).

Trump might be a crusty old bastard himself, but he at least doesn't look and sound like he could die at any moment from natural causes smack dab in the middle of a speech on stage.

RolStoppable said:
Chrkeller said:

Then say rust belt.

Key states are unsurprisingly those that have a recent history of being up for grabs, because the majority of states are pretty much locked down for one of the two parties.

If the democrats can take the rust belt (minus Ohio) plus Georgia and Arizona... wouldn't that be sufficient already?

I'll say whatever I want.  Middle America typically refers to states between the east and west coast.  

Edit

It also refers to middle class, which is a key demographic, so my terms works on multiple levels.

Rust belt is mostly Ohio and small sections of others states.  Rust also includes WV, Kentucky and Indiana which she isn't going to win.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 22 July 2024

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Thanks!