By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cosy comfortable games.

For me it is Archibald's Adventures, it's a 2d puzzle/platformer.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network
zeldaring said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this game more just riding your horse in these stunning environments is the ultimate chill game.

YES! This is exactly what I'm talking about, I have it installed since release and just can't bring myself to uninstall it cause riding around is immensely cosy. Just being in that world feels good even if you're simply walking about during a thunder storm.

SvennoJ said:
BFR said:

I remember the movie, it was great.  Never knew there was a game attached to it. Oh well, such is life.

Lol there's no connection at all between the two.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1497440/COCOON/

It's a chill puzzle game which somehow manages not to be easy, yet you never really feel stuck. And so satisfying when everything falls into place. Most polished puzzle game in ages.

For me cozy games are Puzzling Places and lapping the Nurburgring in GT7 in classic legendary cars. Those two never get old to me.

Other cozy games were Rez Infinite, Tetris Effect, Astrobot, Moss. VR is very cozy :)

There all good picks. Pity the headset is such a pain in the ass to set up to get there and then your head is left all messed up, it's not like you can relax back into the couch and drift into the world but damn, when you're in it it certainly does the job. Such a shame that you have to be sitting upright, att attention and you have this chunk of material strapped to your head.

zeldaring said:

I'm not really into these type of games cause comfort is basically brain dead gameplay but i would say red dead 2 and GTAV, since the world has so many things to do and cool stuff to mess with.

No, not necessarily. Divinity Original Sin and especially Original sin 2 takes real focus on really engaging gameplay even at the lower difficulties and yet the world, characters, music, pace of the game and all that invoke a stable sense of calm and relaxation, not to mention the tone is whimsical and comical at times further lulling in a comfortable feeling. 

Yeah, you can go the route of diablo 4 and be lulled by constant dopamine with no effort but it's not essential. Many people here suggested puzzle games so it's not about brain dead gameplay. 

The Fury said:

My go to is Elite Dangerous, basically I play space trucker.

I can see how that would be cosy, I've no experience with Elite but I assume you're playing the long game and the pace is extremely slow. 

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

Anyone mention Cocoon? One of the best games I've played.

Nope, but it looks good. A bit more on the cold side, aesthetics wise but cool all the same. 

Playing Hogwarts Legacy right now an it's the definition of this. If you can look past the cringe and stiff dialogue without much humour the world is just serene, the music in the environments is toned to be relaxing, it sets an ambience right from the start and the gameplay is quite an engaging challenge if you turn up the difficulty. What a vibe, especially if you grew up reading the books, it makes it almost borders on nostalgia. 

LegitHyperbole said:
Chrkeller said:

Anyone mention Cocoon? One of the best games I've played.

Nope, but it looks good. A bit more on the cold side, aesthetics wise but cool all the same. 

it is an absolutely amazing game.  Can't really die, or dying doesn't really change anything.  Very relaxing and interesting game.  I must play in mind.  I highly recommend.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

LegitHyperbole said:
SvennoJ said:

Lol there's no connection at all between the two.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1497440/COCOON/

It's a chill puzzle game which somehow manages not to be easy, yet you never really feel stuck. And so satisfying when everything falls into place. Most polished puzzle game in ages.

For me cozy games are Puzzling Places and lapping the Nurburgring in GT7 in classic legendary cars. Those two never get old to me.

Other cozy games were Rez Infinite, Tetris Effect, Astrobot, Moss. VR is very cozy :)

There all good picks. Pity the headset is such a pain in the ass to set up to get there and then your head is left all messed up, it's not like you can relax back into the couch and drift into the world but damn, when you're in it it certainly does the job. Such a shame that you have to be sitting upright, att attention and you have this chunk of material strapped to your head.

Yeah hence I haven't bother with PSVR1 anymore. I still have it lying around, but just too much hassle getting Astrobot to work again.

PSVR2 fixes a lot of the problems. It takes me less than 30 seconds from turning the PS5 on (out of rest mode) and comfortably sitting back on the couch setting up a race in VR in GT7. Puzzling Places you need to sit up straight though and yes, it gets uncomfortable after a while.

Tetris Effect (on PSVR2) you can lean back and enjoy. Actually you could with Skyrim VR as well, the many scuff marks on my leather couch (from the back of the headset) are proof of that :/ Very cozy game though, I loved being in that world. A shame it isn't on PSVR2. RDR2 as well, would be perfect in VR.

PSVR2 has a kayak game (and getting another), but you have to stand or sit up straight leaning forward to paddle with your arms. While very immersive, it's not cosy. RDR2, lean back and tap a button to go.

For me, old school style turn-based JRPG. Simple controls and just get lost in the story.

Aside from that, 2D platform games like Mario 2D games. They're like mindless fun.