By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Attempted assassination on Trump

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

When Walz lied about being in war, which he did btw "weapons of war inTO war" it was far worse than your quote.  Not almost.  100x worse

>"We can make sure that those weapons of war that I carried in war is the only place where those weapons are at."

I thought he lied repeatedly, this is only one statement, that could have reasonably been a misspoken statement. 

Why is the military so fragile that a 6 year old statement that may have been a misstatement, is one of the most horrendous lies you could imagine? 

Around the Network
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Renamed said:

Disgusting indeed, if he said he was on the front lines.  Almost as disgusting as saying, "You know, if you're young, and in this era, and if you have any guilt about not having gone to Vietnam, we have our own Vietnam — it's called the dating game. Dating is like being in Vietnam. You're the equivalent of a soldier going over to Vietnam."

When Walz lied about being in war, which he did btw "weapons of war inTO war" it was far worse than your quote.  Not almost.  100x worse

You know I already quoted you and explained that.  

"100x worse"  Sure, ask actual Vietnam vets which one is worse.  

To the privileged, equality feels like oppression. 

the-pi-guy said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

>"We can make sure that those weapons of war that I carried in war is the only place where those weapons are at."

I thought he lied repeatedly, this is only one statement, that could have reasonably been a misspoken statement. 

Why is the military so fragile that a 6 year old statement that may have been a misstatement, is one of the most horrendous lies you could imagine? 

I don't like people lying about going to war.  That's just me I guess

I am Iron Man

Renamed said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

Considering someone who served with Walz and claims he knew they were going to be deployed has said he hates the guy I would say that's a losing battle.

I am Iron Man

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

Where did he say he "went to war"?

Because you've never misspoken in your life? 

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

Considering someone who served with Walz and claims he knew they were going to be deployed has said he hates the guy I would say that's a losing battle.

Man who served under Walz says governor retired before unit had deployment news

Around the Network
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Renamed said:

One person out of the hundreds that served under his leadership that come out in support of him is one hell of an endorsement.

Further, that one guy can make any claim he likes but the actual timeline confirmed from the state National Guard itself says otherwise. 

Feb 2005 - Walz files paperwork with the Federal Elections Commission to run for office.
Mar 2005 - Walz put out a press release that his unit was notified that it may be deployed in the next 24 months 
May 2005 - Walz officially retires from National Guard.
July 2005 - Walz' battalion received deployment orders.

And I know the guy you are referring to: Retired Command Sergeant Major Doug Julin.  He claims Walz sought out his retirement by leaping the chain of command to avoid deployment.  But he provides no proof.  And it stands in contrast to dozens of others, like Retired Staff Sergeant Ryan Marti, who served with him saying otherwise.

I just find it odd Vance is trying to find issues with a 24 year vet when his own running mate dodged the draft 5 times, has called military vets suckers and losers, insulted Gold Star families, calls avoiding STDs his own personal Vietnam and failed to attend a WW1 memorial so his hair didn't get wet.

To the privileged, equality feels like oppression. 

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

Walz acted like and said that he was in a warzone when he wasn't.  A disgusting lie worse than any trump has ever said.  

Where did he say he was in a warzone? Please post the quote. 

Again, if the one you are referring to is "weapons of war, that I carried in war", it does not say that he was in a warzone. He did in fact carry weapons in war. Again, there is more to war than just the front lines. You could argue that this statement is misleading, hence why he clarified that statement, but I don't see the lie. If there is another quote you are speaking about, please post it. 

Honestly, I just can't take anyone seriously who acts like this is the worst thing anyone has ever said... 

the-pi-guy said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

Where did he say he "went to war"?

Because you've never misspoken in your life? 

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

Man who served under Walz says governor retired before unit had deployment news

And then "apologize" once caught years later.  He wanted to paint an image and was called out for lying 

I am Iron Man

Pemalite said:
the-pi-guy said:

No he does listen to them.

It's just when Trump says to hit someone in the face he's just being metaphorical.

Or when he suggests that there will be no violence when he wins.

Or when he suggests that 2nd amendment people might fix a problem.

The real violence is when he gets called out for saying all these weird things.  

It's funny. You post evidence of what Trump has said and done... And Trump supporters will generally ignore it anyway.
It's like they don't care.

But post something even "slightly" controversial from Democrats and the USA is doomed.

Also, Democrats are constantly tone-policed and told that they drive rural people and centrists away with their rhetoric. Every time an election goes poorly for Democrats, and sometimes even when an election goes well for them, they get sermons on how poorly they treat people in Middle America.  Meanwhile, Trump supporters say absolutely awful things about people in places like California and New York, including wishing that California would fall off into the ocean and kill 40 million people just because they don't agree with them, and they double down on that rhetoric every time they lose.  There are never any calls for soul-searching on the right, no calls for them to reach out to urban voters. They just ramp up the anger.

sundin13 said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

Walz acted like and said that he was in a warzone when he wasn't.  A disgusting lie worse than any trump has ever said.  

Where did he say he was in a warzone? Please post the quote. 

Again, if the one you are referring to is "weapons of war, that I carried in war", it does not say that he was in a warzone. He did in fact carry weapons in war. Again, there is more to war than just the front lines. You could argue that this statement is misleading, hence why he clarified that statement, but I don't see the lie. If there is another quote you are speaking about, please post it. 

Honestly, I just can't take anyone seriously who acts like this is the worst thing anyone has ever said... 

Here's some of his lies since you're being dishonest about how horrible saying what he said was.

https://x.com/bennyjohnson/status/1822775488219115869?t=otERe4qJF3S7O_72-wMPgw&s=19

https://x.com/bennyjohnson/status/1821552380493582698?t=XKsADq6fc-35QDkcCQObuw&s=19

https://x.com/GrageDustin/status/1821536862374076504?t=Ue8Ys_3JgvI863QSczggJw&s=19

https://x.com/PaigeSully88/status/1821239821597094127?t=_bK0a7kvXyyo7kySLqB0wA&s=19

https://alphanews.org/third-command-sergeant-major-corroborates-story-of-walz-dodging-deployment/

Like geez I can't take someone seriously who acts like this is misspeaking or something. The dude lied!  About going to WAR!  Don't even pretend to think that means "oh I was in Italy running support so technically..." Like he is clearly trying to draw an image and misrepresented his service. It's one of the worst lies you could ever tell

I am Iron Man