By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Attempted assassination on Trump

the-pi-guy said:
EricHiggin said:

There's calling for civil war and then there's just mentioning it for reasons, like the temperatures rising to high and needs to stop. How often do Reps call for civil war? And no, any Dems thinking there's some conspiratorial secret code going on between Reps doesn't count because it's not a thing.

I'm not going to list all the negative things the Dems say about the Reps, Trump in particular, because it's too long and we all know it. Neither side is void of this.

As to the X post. How many Reps think what happened on Jan 6th, beyond the protest itself, was acceptable? How many Reps think DJT should be assassinated? Isn't DJT the Rep candidate (very soon to be official), chosen by the Rep voters? If you're against Trump and those voters, willing to take a shot at Trump, what does that make you? It doesn't automatically make you a Dem, but it also certainly means you're against Trump and those who stand behind him. Anybody can call themselves whatever they want, but it doesn't necessarily make it true.

I'm also not going to list all the Dem violence, because we all know as well. Neither side is void of this.

Taking a side, then trying to prove it's all or only the opposition, is just taking the assassination level temperatures and turning them up even more. It's the kind of thing that leads to civil war. So if civil was isn't what you want, you shouldn't be taking part in that.

So you don't see democrats calling for violence?  There are people on VG that have commented that they wish the shooter had better aim.  Tenacious D cancelled their tour because of similar comments.  

I will grant you that liberal politicians are not expressing the desire for violence, but we shouldn't pretend that random morons are both sides are anything short of disgusting.  

Meaning in that video, finding a few jackholes is cherry picking.  There are plenty of "wish he had better aim" comments floating around.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
EricHiggin said:

There's calling for civil war and then there's just mentioning it for reasons, like the temperatures rising to high and needs to stop. How often do Reps call for civil war? And no, any Dems thinking there's some conspiratorial secret code going on between Reps doesn't count because it's not a thing.

I'm not going to list all the negative things the Dems say about the Reps, Trump in particular, because it's too long and we all know it. Neither side is void of this.

As to the X post. How many Reps think what happened on Jan 6th, beyond the protest itself, was acceptable? How many Reps think DJT should be assassinated? Isn't DJT the Rep candidate (very soon to be official), chosen by the Rep voters? If you're against Trump and those voters, willing to take a shot at Trump, what does that make you? It doesn't automatically make you a Dem, but it also certainly means you're against Trump and those who stand behind him. Anybody can call themselves whatever they want, but it doesn't necessarily make it true.

I'm also not going to list all the Dem violence, because we all know as well. Neither side is void of this.

Taking a side, then trying to prove it's all or only the opposition, is just taking the assassination level temperatures and turning them up even more. It's the kind of thing that leads to civil war. So if civil war isn't what you want, you shouldn't be taking part in that.

This is somehow considered a right wing extremist YouTube channel? Maybe he should ask Jack Black for some tips on how to be less extreme?

"Taking a side, then trying to prove it's all or only the opposition, is just taking the assassination level temperatures and turning them up even more. It's the kind of thing that leads to civil war. So if civil war isn't what you want, you shouldn't be taking part in that."

^That's the last thing I said, which was separated and said last on purpose because of it's importance, and you go and reply with that X video?

Thank you for proving my point.

IkePoR said:
sundin13 said:

Just curious, but do you condemn the rhetoric that Trump uses to criticize the Dems the same way you criticize the rhetoric that is used against Trump?

My personal opinion is that truth is the measure a lot of rhetoric should be measured against, not bitterness or cruelty. There is a lot of truth to the mainstream criticisms of Donald Trump, but I see a lot of lies in his criticisms of the Democrats...

That isn't to say no Democrat (mainstream or otherwise) has gone too far with their rhetoric, but I think there is a clear difference between most of the noise coming out of the two camps. 

What rhetoric would that be exactly?  Could you be more specific? Personally I can't think of a worse rhetoric than "this person is basically Hitler" and all the loose and not-so-loose references to him being killed the other side has mongered in the mainstream for eight years.

I agree that truth should be what rhetoric should me measured on.  The bitterness and cruelty I'm referencing is the open, zealous cries of demise for someone they don't like.  I'd bet money most of the same ones wishing death on the man have no idea what he actually did as president, only that they feel a certain way, those feelings being installed by the same media that despises him.  

Republicans think democrats are wrong and the far left is evil in their eyes. The democrats think orange man bad because the tv told them and that he should die.  Is that the clear difference? 

Tell that to Trump's Vice President.

J.D. Vance Once Compared Trump To Hitler.

There's a big difference between "Trump's going to destroy and/or weaken the institutions of Democracy" and "Trump is Hitler", heck even calling him a "fascist" is different than calling him "Hitler" in the sense that Hitler gassed millions of Jews and invaded half of Europe. I wouldn't call him Hitler, I'd call him a fascist who supports the 21st century Hitler though (Putin).

I don't know what Americans are seeing but from what I'm seeing the media has treated Trump with kids gloves, Imho the media wants Trump back, why? Cause he's better for their bottom line, controversy causes clicks, that generates income, the NYT has been confirmed to purposely write negative articles on Biden because he wouldn't sit down with them for an interview, other members of media 2 years ago were complaining that Biden is too boring compared to Trump.

Your last part is completely inaccurate and bias towards Republicans. According to you, Republicans think Democrats are wrong and that the far left is evil, based on their own intelligence but Democrats think Trump is bad because the TV told them, Lmao. The condescension is off the charts, I like how there's no mention of the far-right in your post, only the far-left seems to exist in your equation.

And yes I dislike far-left too, the commie idiots who support Russia, can't say I can single out a single far-left politician in America though in both House and Senate, while I can easily pick out multiple far-right politicians in House and Senate such as JD Vance and Marjorie Taylor Greene (so far-right she was evicted from the Freedom Caucus)

Republicans are currently demonising minorities, LGBTQ+ and aggressively targeting abortion, ripping away women's rights, Trump and his Vice President intend on turning America into an isolationist hellhole that backstabs its allies (unless you're called Israel, then you can bomb however many children you want) but everyone else? Fuck em. Trump's God awful handling of COVID got thousands killed. Project 2025 is linked to him in multiple ways (campaign staff, both former and current) and aims to weaken the Democratic institutions of America.

As for rhetoric.

EricHiggin said:

Taking a side, then trying to prove it's all or only the opposition, is just taking the assassination level temperatures and turning them up even more. It's the kind of thing that leads to civil war. So if civil was isn't what you want, you shouldn't be taking part in that.

Chrkeller said:

So you don't see democrats calling for violence?  There are people on VG that have commented that they wish the shooter had better aim.  Tenacious D cancelled their tour because of similar comments.  

I will grant you that liberal politicians are not expressing the desire for violence, but we shouldn't pretend that random morons are both sides are anything short of disgusting.  

Meaning in that video, finding a few jackholes is cherry picking.  There are plenty of "wish he had better aim" comments floating around.  

I was not personally defending Democrats. I have said nothing about Democrats. 

The comment I was replying to, was pinning the blame squarely on Democrats, as if Trump Republicans haven't been pushing an extremist platform. Which is absurd.

EricHiggin said:
the-pi-guy said:

This is somehow considered a right wing extremist YouTube channel? Maybe he should ask Jack Black for some tips on how to be less extreme?

Kyle Gass* Not Jack Black.

Who said the Youtuber was extremist? I skimmed the video, got to the part where he spoke about the Youtuber and he described him as "right-leaning" which I mean, most gun-nuts tend to be right leaning, not all admittedly, I know left-leaning Americans who own guns, but they don't run YouTube channels all about guns and if you need anymore proof...

Around the Network

It seems like Trump for whatever reason, perhaps obnoxoius personality, is at the center of much more drama than any other president or candidate i've witnessed in my life. Does anybody else get the same feeling? Fvck i hate trump, wish he wasn't gifted a win after the assasination and Biden's degenerate mind becoming much more apparent.

the-pi-guy said:
EricHiggin said:

Chrkeller said:

I was not personally defending Democrats. I have said nothing about Democrats. 

The comment I was replying to, was pinning the blame squarely on Democrats, as if Trump Republicans haven't been pushing an extremist platform. Which is absurd.

fair enough, which is why my post was in the form of a question.  I assumed I was missing something.  

For me the biggest issue is this idea of assimilation, by both sides.  We do not respect differing opinions at all.  If I am honest the politics thread, IMHO, is a great example.  Having a differing opinion is mandated to have a mini thesis defending one's position.  It has all gotten ridiculous.  People should respect others way more than we do.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Ryuu96 said:
IkePoR said:

What rhetoric would that be exactly?  Could you be more specific? Personally I can't think of a worse rhetoric than "this person is basically Hitler" and all the loose and not-so-loose references to him being killed the other side has mongered in the mainstream for eight years.

I agree that truth should be what rhetoric should me measured on.  The bitterness and cruelty I'm referencing is the open, zealous cries of demise for someone they don't like.  I'd bet money most of the same ones wishing death on the man have no idea what he actually did as president, only that they feel a certain way, those feelings being installed by the same media that despises him.  

Republicans think democrats are wrong and the far left is evil in their eyes. The democrats think orange man bad because the tv told them and that he should die.  Is that the clear difference? 

There's a big difference between "Trump's going to destroy and/or weaken the institutions of Democracy" and "Trump is Hitler", heck even calling him a "fascist" is different than calling him "Hitler" in the sense that Hitler gassed millions of Jews and invaded half of Europe. I wouldn't call him Hitler, I'd call him a fascist who supports the 21st century Hitler though (Putin).

I don't know what Americans are seeing but from what I'm seeing the media has treated Trump with kids gloves, Imho the media wants Trump back, why? Cause he's better for their bottom line, controversy causes clicks, that generates income, the NYT has been confirmed to purposely write negative articles on Biden because he wouldn't sit down with them for an interview, other members of media 2 years ago were complaining that Biden is too boring compared to Trump.

Your last part is completely inaccurate and bias towards Republicans. According to you, Republicans think Democrats are wrong and that the far left is evil, based on their own intelligence but Democrats think Trump is bad because the TV told them, Lmao. The condescension is off the charts, I like how there's no mention of the far-right in your post, only the far-left seems to exist in your equation.

And yes I dislike far-left too, the commie idiots who support Russia, can't say I can single out a single far-left politician in America though in both House and Senate, while I can easily pick out multiple far-right politicians in House and Senate such as JD Vance and Marjorie Taylor Greene (so far-right she was evicted from the Freedom Caucus)

Republicans are currently demonising minorities, LGBTQ+ and aggressively targeting abortion, ripping away women's rights, Trump and his Vice President intend on turning America into an isolationist hellhole that backstabs its allies (unless you're called Israel, then you can bomb however many children you want) but everyone else? Fuck em. Trump's God awful handling of COVID got thousands killed. Project 2025 is linked to him in multiple ways (campaign staff, both former and current) and aims to weaken the Democratic institutions of America.

Funny, the image defining facism on wikipedia is exactly of Hitler.  I won't get into the psychology of that coloration.  If he does support Putin, Putin has a funny way of showing it; he didn't move an inch until after Trump wasn't president anymore. 

I don't follow the logic of wanting Trump - gaffe prone Biden and cringe prone Kamala are cinema.  

The main reason I don't mention the far-right is because, well, they are either bad people who aren't politically affiliated, usually some chaotic nutjob on their own, but are Christian and love guns so they're grouped in to create a far-right.  The other part of the far-right are usually decent people, with what are considered "outdated" beilefs - piously Christian and stupid and usually over 55.  Personally, I don't recognize them either because the world is NEVER going back to the way of life they desire.  

Reguardless of any of that, they don't outright wish someone would murder their opponents.  Not publicly, anyway.  In America, having any self-awareness, you know you can't even display your pride as republican(see the "coming out" threads online after the assassination attempt) without being condemned for not following the hive mind.

For much of your last paragraph, we simply butt-heads; I demonize people illegally crossing the boarder.  I don't care if someone is gay but the goal-posting and constant and virile push of their sex lives and bodies is nauseating. I think abortions are barbaric and diabolical. I think killing babies is wrong... woman's rights?  What about the babies rights? 

I don't think anyone will be backstabbed, merely that if our allies want asylum embassies, they need to pay for them.  

If you've noticed, the handling of COVID was terrible on both sides as well - Fauci misled the entire nation and lets face it, the world while pretending his words were from a burning bush.

Trump stated he's not involved with Project 2025, not sure what else you want him to do until he's president.  

If you mean institutions like the FBI and IRS, he can't weaken them fast enough.  The FBI are known liars and corrupt as they come and the IRS... is the IRS.  I'd add the Secret Service to the list now too - useless lot that they are.  First-class agents indeed.

There are incentives for corruption so long as there is capital - if he tried to cut into that pie, why... he'd be met with deadly force...

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

For real leynos and some other guy were calling me nazis bc the woke gaming ppl that are less then 1 percent of population have mental health issues they called me a nazi lol bunch of clowns they should go live in China and talk and see how they like living under fasicm 

IkePoR said:
Ryuu96 said:

Funny, the image defining facism on wikipedia is exactly of Hitler.  I won't get into the psychology of that coloration.  If he does support Putin, Putin has a funny way of showing it; he didn't move an inch until after Trump wasn't president anymore. 

I don't follow the logic of wanting Trump - gaffe prone Biden and cringe prone Kamala are cinema.  

The main reason I don't mention the far-right is because, well, they are either bad people who aren't politically affiliated, usually some chaotic nutjob on their own, but are Christian and love guns so they're grouped in to create a far-right.  The other part of the far-right are usually decent people, with what are considered "outdated" beilefs - piously Christian and stupid and usually over 55.  Personally, I don't recognize them either because the world is NEVER going back to the way of life they desire.  

Reguardless of any of that, they don't outright wish someone would murder their opponents.  Not publicly, anyway.  In America, having any self-awareness, you know you can't even display your pride as republican(see the "coming out" threads online after the assassination attempt) without being condemned for not following the hive mind.

For much of your last paragraph, we simply butt-heads; I demonize people illegally crossing the boarder.  I don't care if someone is gay but the goal-posting and constant and virile push of their sex lives and bodies is nauseating. I think abortions are barbaric and diabolical. I think killing babies is wrong... woman's rights?  What about the babies rights? 

I don't think anyone will be backstabbed, merely that if our allies want asylum embassies, they need to pay for them.  

If you've noticed, the handling of COVID was terrible on both sides as well - Fauci misled the entire nation and lets face it, the world while pretending his words were from a burning bush.

Trump stated he's not involved with Project 2025, not sure what else you want him to do until he's president.  

If you mean institutions like the FBI and IRS, he can't weaken them fast enough.  The FBI are known liars and corrupt as they come and the IRS... is the IRS.  I'd add the Secret Service to the list now too - useless lot that they are.  First-class agents indeed.

There are incentives for corruption so long as there is capital - if he tried to cut into that pie, why... he'd be met with deadly force...

I find it interesting that you asked for examples of Trump's rhetoric, and when given a rather extensive list of things he said that vary from stoking paranoia and xenophobia to calling for the arrest or voilence against his political opponents, you just quite literally chop it off when responding to the person.