By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 27, 2024 (Jul 01 - Jul 07)

Phenomajp13 said:

Shouldn't the NES be treated as an outlier though since it was supported longer than any other platform? I remember reading it had an absurdly long life, with even the PS2 not having as long.

ps2 had massive long life as well, it was pretty close. Doesn't really matter the next gen even proved the point in bigger way. we had  260 million home consoles sold WW with japan selling the same amount as 6th gen, with the amount of growth we were seeing japan never  even got close to growing in home console sales like the rest of the world. The nes should have been the beginning but it was basically near the peak.

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
Phenomajp13 said:

Shouldn't the NES be treated as an outlier though since it was supported longer than any other platform? I remember reading it had an absurdly long life, with even the PS2 not having as long.

ps2 had massive long life as well, it was pretty close. Doesn't really matter the next gen even proved the point in bigger way. we had  260 million home consoles sold WW with japan selling the same amount as 6th gen, with the amount of growth we were seeing japan never  even got close to growing in home console sales like the rest of the world. The nes should have been the beginning but it was basically near the peak.

There are several factors to why things are what they are, you don't get to determine what Japanese people are allowed to purchase. If Sony/MS want to do better in the region, then they should build a platform that can compete. If third parties want to do better in the region then they should release on platforms that Japan wants to consume such as PC, Mobile, and/or Switch.

Phenomajp13 said:
zeldaring said:

There are several factors to why things are what they are, you don't get to determine what Japanese people are allowed to purchase. If Sony/MS want to do better in the region, then they should build a platform that can compete. If third parties want to do better in the region then they should release on platforms that Japan wants to consume such as PC, Mobile, and/or Switch.

I just stating my opinion and none of us determine anything. No one is gonna focus on the japan market when its just keep getting smaller, and other regions are exploding.  

zeldaring said:
Phenomajp13 said:

I just stating my opinion and none of us determine anything. No one is gonna focus on the japan market when its just keep getting smaller, and other regions are exploding.  

Just getting smaller?  Switch just broke records by selling the most amount for a console in 33.5M. 

sony just needs to do better. 

you’re losing the plot good friend, seriously might be time to go touch some grass, the forum is starting to worry about you. 

MadDogg said:
zeldaring said:

Just getting smaller?  Switch just broke records by selling the most amount for a console in 33.5M. 

sony just needs to do better. 

you’re losing the plot good friend, seriously might be time to go touch some grass, the forum is starting to worry about you. 

You realize game boy and nes sold combined 51 million. Overall hardware sales have taking a huge dive in Japan. Or even the ps2  with the ds. There is only one relevant console in Japan so 35 million is great for switch but over all hardware picture.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 18 July 2024

Around the Network

Switch, PC, and mobile are thriving, Nintendo will continue to focus on Japan and reap the benefits while you cry yourself to sleep. Highest selling platform in history in both Japan and soon the world.

Phenomajp13 said:

Switch, PC, and mobile are thriving, Nintendo will continue to focus on Japan and reap the benefits while you cry yourself to sleep. Highest selling platform in history in both Japan and soon the world.

I think you are taking this too seriously, are you that butt hurt that someone thinks that Japan should expand there gaming tastes lol. We also don't know if pc thriving. I could care less about mobile.

zeldaring said:
Phenomajp13 said:

I think you are taking this too seriously, are you that butt hurt that someone thinks that Japan should expand there gaming tastes lol. We also don't know if pc thriving. I could care less about mobile.

Says the dude that thinks he speaks for an entire country. Why would anyone be butthurt over a console warrior being hurt over his favorite console failing in a massive region? Just like you could careless about mobile, Japan could careless about PS. The one taking this too serious is the one that cares way too much about what Japanese people play. How you are so deluded into thinking Japan has to show love to some game you like is embarrassing. It's also quite embarrassing that you come to this determination about Japan's taste without anywhere near enough data but you are so disengious that you completely dodged my post earlier so you can continue to push your butthurt agenda about Japan. Now again, how do you know Japan's taste in games without a complete picture?

Phenomajp13 said:
zeldaring said:

Says the dude that thinks he speaks for an entire country. Why would anyone be butthurt over a console warrior being hurt over his favorite console failing in a massive region? Just like you could careless about mobile, Japan could careless about PS. The one taking this too serious is the one that cares way too much about what Japanese people play. How you are so deluded into thinking Japan has to show love to some game you like is embarrassing. It's also quite embarrassing that you come to this determination about Japan's taste without anywhere near enough data but you are so disengious that you completely dodged my post earlier so you can continue to push your butthurt agenda about Japan. Now again, how do you know Japan's taste in games without a complete picture?

Again it's not games I love, it's games loved by the whole world and that are  critically acclaimed. I would also say the samething about the west when shooters dominated everything 7th gen and motion controls it was a sad time as well 

zeldaring said:
Phenomajp13 said:

Again it's not games I love, it's games loved by the whole world and that are  critically acclaimed. I would also say the samething about us when shooters dominated everything 7th gen and motion controls it was a sad time as well 

How do you know those games are loved by the whole world? How did they sale in Australia or China or India? How much did they sale in Japan, including PC and digital?