By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What second half 2024 game are you most excited about?

Most Anticipated Game for 2nd half of 2024

Astro Bot 394 41.69%

Marvel Vs Capcom Fighting Collection 51 5.40%

Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom 211 22.33%

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 34 3.60%

Indiana Jones and the Great Circle 47 4.97%

Mario & Luigi: Brothership 87 9.21%

Avowed 33 3.49%

Lego Horizon Adventures 15 1.59%

Star Wars Outlaws 24 2.54%

Metaphor: DeFantazio 49 5.19%

Total:945

Assassin's creed shadows

Around the Network

Gothic Remake for me, if that actually comes out in 2024 - hopefully it stays true to original as much as possible, while improving on weaker parts of design.

STALKER 2 is something I look forward to as well, it's been so long since the last one.

Batman Arkham Shadow

Shaunodon said:
Mar1217 said:

I mean, it could be a lot of people's "second" game choice on their list. Mario & Luigi Brothership isn't doing too hot either despite the fact I'm sure the excitement for it is pretty high.

Nonetheless, I think in the general SMT/Persona community, there's a generalised fear of Sega releasing another enhanced edition of the game one or two years later, which hinders it's potential.

Like with most things that gain traction through the internet, that 'fear' of an enhanced edition is ridiculously stupid either way you think about it. The original releases of both Persona 5 and Shin Megami Tensei V were excellent to begin with. Releasing an enhanced edition later doesn't make them somehow bad or insufficient in retrospect, it's just a lazy trend of opinion that somehow made people think otherwise.

Those enhanced editions were also released years later with multiple improvements. It's not like other games that give suspicion they were holding back content so they could release another version not long after.

If Metaphor is the game you're most interested in, there's no logical reason to hold yourself back. If it's something that's just kind of on your radar, then in that sense I can understand waiting to see if they later release an improved version.

I will say specifically for Shin Megami Tensei V, I didn't finish that on Switch because it didn't feel like it was made to run on that system; I originally believed it would be getting a port not long after, but then it ended up being several years later before that happened, and only when they had a bunch of extra content and improvements ready.

Personally, I understand both side of the debate really, you don't want to feel your initial purchase to feel worthless by a later re-release, despite the fact the Vengeance happened 3 years after the original. Nonetheless having it on multiple platform with a new seperate campaign from the original is quite the choice too since it doesn't necessarily invalidate your previous playthrough. 

Though, the dev team did went on to say, they were rushed by time and forced to cut corners in the story and content department for the original release, so as much as I like the OG version on Switch even despite its technical shortcomings, I'm glad they got a shot to finish their job afterwards when the game went on to become the best seller of the series.

Anywoo, I did hear that Metaphor isn't supposed to have a later "fixed" version in the future but at least I do be thinking a Switch 2 is likely coming during it's launch window 

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Ys X is my big one, but Zelda Echoes of Wisdom, Mario and Luigi Brothership, Astro Bot, and Dragon Age are the other big games I'm looking forward to.

Around the Network

I am excited with what the star wars outlaws game will be like. Though I hate the disney continunity but still will give the game a chance by reading reviews.

BiON!@ 

hellobion2 said:

I am excited with what the star wars outlaws game will be like. Though I hate the disney continunity but still will give the game a chance by reading reviews.

I have to be honest, initially I dismissed SW Outlaws as being another Ubisoft icon infested open-world quasi-RPG - but the more I hear titbits about it, the more I'm actually interested in it. That latest about skills being taught by experts in the world might be something right out of open world RPGs from some 2-3 decades ago - it seems that recently a lot of wheel reinventing is going on in AAA industry, which makes me hopeful for it.