By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which FromSoftware title should get a sequel or trilogy? (Poll)

Which Fromsoft games needs continuation the most...

Bloodborne 15 35.71%

Sekiro 8 19.05%

Elden Ring 6 14.29%

A new title 9 21.43%

Other 4 9.52%

Total:42

I will always want a new title from FS, I think that is a no brainer. To me every single game they've made has been a blast, so Id always be looking forward to what they come up with next.

Having that said, I would love an Elden Ring 2 and - specially - a Bloodborne 2.

Around the Network
LegitHyperbole said:
haxxiy said:

Sekiro is a 10 million-seller and their second-best-selling title after ER. Not to mention it's almost never on sale so these are mostly full-price purchases.

If anything it's the Souls games that are kind of niche, except for DS3, which exploded thanks to streamers.

Wow, I was thinking it would have sold worse than BB. Damn, so people in mass actually liked Sekiro and all, I wouldn't have thunk it. Gotta wonder why they don't follow up on their successes, albeit I suppose their brand is their IP. 

Yeah, Bloodborne 2 would be a Playstation exclusive, so it wouldnt do as well as Elden Ring or Sekiro probably.

KLXVER said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Wow, I was thinking it would have sold worse than BB. Damn, so people in mass actually liked Sekiro and all, I wouldn't have thunk it. Gotta wonder why they don't follow up on their successes, albeit I suppose their brand is their IP. 

Yeah, Bloodborne 2 would be a Playstation exclusive, so it wouldnt do as well as Elden Ring or Sekiro probably.

It'd sell PS5's. Pretty sure at this point it'd sell them as well as a GTA game. 

LegitHyperbole said:
KLXVER said:

It'd sell PS5's. Pretty sure at this point it'd sell them as well as a GTA game. 

I think you are overestimating the popularity of the IP. Its just not anywhere near franchises like GTA. I also think an Elden Ring 2 would sell less than the first one. It was lots of peoples first From Software game and not everyone enjoyed it.

KLXVER said:
LegitHyperbole said:

I think you are overestimating the popularity of the IP. Its just not anywhere near franchises like GTA. I also think an Elden Ring 2 would sell less than the first one. It was lots of peoples first From Software game and not everyone enjoyed it.

Idk, the trophy data is pretty telling, 10% platinumed. 20%, 25% and 15% for the three endings (a little higher on ps5) which would probably average higher than the usual 30 odd percent sore completion rate for a game (probably around 35-40%) in a ven diagram of who beat it only once, for comparison only 16% beat the final mission in GTA on ps4. A much shorter, much more popular game. For another comparison, 39% beat Ghost of Tsushima which is similar in length with a 9% platinum rate, very similar to what the data is with Elden Ring. 

I think people got on the hype and got hooked. I can see ER2 selling equal or more. 33% seen it through and spent the hundred odd hours to get to, level up enough and beat Melenia, this game went down well. 

Last edited by LegitHyperbole - on 01 July 2024

Around the Network
LegitHyperbole said:
KLXVER said:

Idk, the trophy data is pretty telling, 10% platinumed. 20%, 25% and 15% for the three endings (a little higher on ps5) which would probably average higher than the usual 30 odd percent sore completion rate for a game (probably around 35-40%) in a ven diagram of who beat it only once, for comparison only 16% beat the final mission in GTA on ps4. A much shorter, much more popular game. For another comparison, 39% beat Ghost of Tsushima which is similar in length with a 9% platinum rate, very similar to what the data is with Elden Ring. 

I think people got on the hype and got hooked. I can see ER2 selling equal or more. 

Well GTA has a way bigger casual player base. From Software games might have more passionate players, hence the completion rate, but they are still not very big compared to the GTA fans. Some only plays GTA Online and others just fuck around in the game and dont care about the story. I mean GTAV has sold 200 million on several systems. Only Minecraft and very few others see those kinda numbers.

KLXVER said:
LegitHyperbole said:

I think people got on the hype and got hooked. I can see ER2 selling equal or more. 

Well GTA has a way bigger casual player base. From Software games might have more passionate players, hence the completion rate, but they are still not very big compared to the GTA fans. Some only plays GTA Online and others just fuck around in the game and dont care about the story. I mean GTAV has sold 200 million on several systems. Only Minecraft and very few others see those kinda numbers.

Yeah, I'm vastly over estimating it. Such tryna say that the games trophy data above normal for popular games and definitely for games this long. It was liked. 

I don't think bloodborne needs a sequel, it just needs a port

Give me Sekiro 2 now!

TheLegendaryBigBoss said:

I don't think bloodborne needs a sequel, it just needs a port

A remaster you mean? 60 FPS, with Demon souls graphics?