By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Which was the better gen in your opinion?

Wii/PS3/360/DS/PSP 54 66.67%

Wii U/PS4/XBO/3DS/Vita 27 33.33%

Total:81
zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

RE4's characters are more artistically appealing, but much lower tech; RE4 doesn't even use normal mapping. XCX's environments are not low poly at all by open world Wii U standards.

I don't think anyone can look at game and no what's going on under the hood for God's sake most people thought wiiu was 2x 360 in gpu in power and this was there proof, all I'm saying it has ton of short comings to my eyes, look at red dead and gtav they look way more demanding and of course the budgets are probably 5x-10x in comparison so it's not a fair comparison.

GTAV and Red Dead are quite different games with different demands; neither have a world as big as XCX and neither can be traversed as quickly. Neither runs as smoothly either.

It's funny we seem to have switched sides, now I find myself arguing in favour of an 8th gen game vs the 7th lmao. That said, I do actually consider Xenoblade on Wii the better game personally due to its more engaging characters and more consistently excellent music.

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
RedKingXIII said:

I'm not being too literal when you said yourself it looks like a 6th gen game.

Xenoblade Chronicles also doesn't look "very close" to X with the HD texture pack of the video. I asked before if you played the games and I guess the answer is clearly not.

I never said it looks like a open world 6th gen game though and I didn't  know you have to play a game to comment on the graphics. 

If you say a open world game from the 8th gen looks like a 6th gen game I'm going to compare it to 6th gen open world games.

You don't need to play anything to say anything about its graphics. It's just what you're saying is not true: XC does not look like XCX with a HD pack on Dolphin. Even with its limitations and all it still looks way ahead of Xenoblade Chronicles.

RedKingXIII said:
zeldaring said:

I never said it looks like a open world 6th gen game though and I didn't  know you have to play a game to comment on the graphics. 

If you say a open world game from the 8th gen looks like a 6th gen game I'm going to compare it to 6th gen open world games.

You don't need to play anything to say anything about its graphics. It's just what you're saying is not true: XC does not look like XCX with a HD pack on Dolphin. Even with its limitations and all it still looks way ahead of Xenoblade Chronicles.

Obviously it looks much better but I diffently would not call it a generational difference. Keep in my mind I say the samething about dark souls 2 it looks like crap, more like a 6th gen even though technically it's not.

curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

I don't think anyone can look at game and no what's going on under the hood for God's sake most people thought wiiu was 2x 360 in gpu in power and this was there proof, all I'm saying it has ton of short comings to my eyes, look at red dead and gtav they look way more demanding and of course the budgets are probably 5x-10x in comparison so it's not a fair comparison.

GTAV and Red Dead are quite different games with different demands; neither have a world as big as XCX and neither can be traversed as quickly. Neither runs as smoothly either.

It's funny we seem to have switched sides, now I find myself arguing in favour of an 8th gen game vs the 7th lmao. That said, I do actually consider Xenoblade on Wii the better game personally due to its more engaging characters and more consistently excellent music.

Umm you can fly a jet in gtav and over a whole living city with traffic, it's really was jaw dropping for its time.

zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

Umm you can fly a jet in gtav and over a whole living city with traffic, it's really was jaw dropping for its time.

GTA5 is a very impressive achievement for PS3/360 hardware, but its still bound by having less than 500MB of RAM to work with; XCX's world is larger and more detailed and retains a rock solid 30fps where GTA5 can drop heavily.

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
RedKingXIII said:

Obviously it looks much better but I diffently would not call it a generational difference. Keep in my mind I say the samething about dark souls 2 it looks like crap, more like a 6th gen even though technically it's not.

But how? XCX is like a very polished PS360 open world game running in a stable FPS. These consoles are a generation ahead of the Wii.

curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

GTA5 is a very impressive achievement for PS3/360 hardware, but its still bound by having less than 500MB of RAM to work with; XCX's world is larger and more detailed and retains a rock solid 30fps where GTA5 can drop heavily.

You really have to be kidding me with more detailed lol.

curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

Not to mention GTAV has random invisible walls. XBX is not the case. It has a massive box around the world you can fly out for a while but also flying isn't just to get someplace faster. There are caves and other areas that can only be reached by flying. Oh, not to mention BOTW organic platforming design was taken from XBX. Zeldaring likes to keep digging themselves into a whole almost every thread they post in being so hilariously wrong.

Last edited by Leynos - on 18 July 2024

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

RedKingXIII said:
zeldaring said:

But how? XCX is like a very polished PS360 open world game running in a stable FPS. These consoles are a generation ahead of the Wii.

Gtav and red dead were the only open world games I played and they look like they belong in a different generation while x looks like it's running on wii pro.

zeldaring said:
RedKingXIII said:

Gtav and red dead were the only open world games I played and they look like they belong in a different generation while x looks like it's running on wii pro.

lol