By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Im glad we aren't doing threads for these tournaments anymore, the shame

well not as much shame as Trent @Carl 

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

After yesterday's Dutch performance we won't be needing any thread anyway.

S.Peelman said:

well atleast we will make it untill the final

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
S.Peelman said:

well atleast we will make it untill the final

Would be cool to see a rematch between Austria and the Netherlands in the quarter finals. This branch of the tournament is the easiest one to get to the semifinals.

What else can be said? Italy's goal in the 98th minute against Croatia saved Italy's bacon. With an 0-1 loss the defending champion would have been eliminated.

After the group stage, the two favorites are Spain and Germany, who are coincidentally set up to meet in the quarter finals. All other nations more or less stumbled through the group stage, so other heavyweights like France, England, Italy and Portugal have still something to prove. But I suppose this is the nature of the current tournament mode where you have to really disappoint in order to miss the top 16. Oh well, at least there are a few spicy matchups in the coming four days and things get finally real.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

That Schlotterbeck situation was German Dusel that I haven't seen in a long time. Let's see if the most important of the German virtues is actually back.

Around the Network

the brits got lucky there, what a show

imagine watching the euros when the copa america is on

Love watching the euro games. Especially oh it on both of my gaming monitors.

BiON!@ 

I really liked the way Austria played their last few matches, so I hoped they would advance past Turkey. Sadge.

Italy getting cooked by Switzerland didn't surprise me the way they've been playing. They didn't even qualify for the past 2 World Cups, iirc.

Ronaldo breaking down in tears after a bad performance leading to a missed penalty would be understandable, if he did it after the final whistle. Crying like that in the middle of the match, when morale was already low among his teammates, seems like a pretty bad call.

mZuzek said:

imagine watching the euros when the copa america is on

Copa starts after midnight for me, so it's rough. I've been able to watch half a game from Argentina before falling asleep.

Last edited by Hiku - on 04 July 2024

😩

.. My face in the 90+1th minute.