By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Europe sales data- May 2024

trunkswd said:
Mar1217 said:

Also, I think there's a clear underestimating of how patient a good amount of players on PC aren't gonna cave in to play it immediately. 

Rockstar knows a large chunk of their audience are only PC players. I doubt the port there is gonna take more than a year or two if they wish to really make that revenue.

The PC release was 10M on launch day so Rockstar isn't gonna forego such a market for too long.

As a mainly PC gamer I'll just wait for the PC version before playing GTA6. I have enough of a backlog to keep me busy for a long time. GTA5 came out for PS3/X360 in September 2013, for PS4/XOne in November 2014, and for PC in April 2015. So we are likely talking at most 1.5 years before the PC version releases. However, I see a year or so later the most likely.

Gtav is loved by the super casual crowd that are hardly gamers and buy a console for one game. I can that crowd giving a huge boost to consoles.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Norion said:
JRPGfan said:

Red Dead Redemption 2 is a great game... but its not even in the same realm as a GTA is.
The differnce is GTA will move consoles, while RDR2 isn't enough to really have done so.
Atleast thats my take.... people wont buy a console for Red Dead Redemption, but will do so for GTA.

Again this is my european take here, but GTA is much much bigger here, than Red Dead Redemption.
I think RDR2 is more american focused, and probably does better there than in the RoW compairably.
This might lead people esp in the US, to think, one game or another, it doesnt matter, and RDR2 didn't move much consoles so GTA wont either.
I'm pretty sure, that won't be what happends with the new GTA release.

My point is that a game as big as RDR2 is plenty big enough to cause a spike in sales when released early on in a generation but when released late in the gen its immediate impact is heavily diminished. You're right that GTA is in its own league though so it'll still cause a big spike the month it comes out but I do think sales will return to normal after a few weeks since since by then the rush of people buying a console for GTA 6 will be over.

Also, I think there's a clear underestimating of how patient a good amount of players on PC aren't gonna cave in to play it immediately. 

Rockstar knows a large chunk of their audience are only PC players. I doubt the port there is gonna take more than a year or two if they wish to really make that revenue.

The PC release was 10M on launch day so Rockstar isn't gonna forego such a market for too long.

There's also that for the PC gamers who will buy a console for GTA 6 a lot will probably buy a used one to save a bit of money so that portion won't contribute to hardware sales.

zeldaring said:
trunkswd said:

As a mainly PC gamer I'll just wait for the PC version before playing GTA6. I have enough of a backlog to keep me busy for a long time. GTA5 came out for PS3/X360 in September 2013, for PS4/XOne in November 2014, and for PC in April 2015. So we are likely talking at most 1.5 years before the PC version releases. However, I see a year or so later the most likely.

Gtav is loved by the super casual crowd that are hardly gamers and buy a console for one game. I can that crowd giving a huge boost to consoles.

This, at work I've heard people talk about it (ei. getting a PS5 for GTA).
People that dont have new gen yet (still on ps4/ps4pro), have talked about "this is the time".

Also heard a few PC guys, talking about getting a PS5 for it (one guy is a heavy gamer, loves doom to death ect).
My take away is, he's willing to spend much more than the normal person does on gameing.
He has a 4080, newest gen cpu.... hes not waiting a few years for a pc release. There are people like him out there.

So it will do something for sales, imo.
And yes, except the PC crowd these were more casual gamers types (ei. call of duty, gta, fifa ect).

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 26 June 2024