By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct, June 18, 2024, 10 AM EST

How would you rate this Nintendo Direct?

10 18 25.71%

9 28 40.00%

8 15 21.43%

7 6 8.57%

6 2 2.86%

5 0 0%

4 1 1.43%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 0 0%

Total:70

There will be a Nintendo Direct on Tuesday, June 18, 2024 at 10 AM EST (or 7 AM PST).

Any predictions?

Around the Network

Ace Attorney, Kirby Wii U, Mario & Sonic Olympic Games 2024, prolly some info on LM2, and other stuff I’d imagine. There will not be Tomadachi Life, nor do I believe there will be WW/TP ports.

I am curious, though, what the “One Last Thing” will be. The previous three directs had Zelda TotK trailer, Mario Wonder reveal, TTYD Remake reveal. Could be a big game for this holiday season? Or maybe a tease for some big Switch 2 game like MP4? I have my doubts on anything big, but maybe we’ll be surprised…

Last edited by firebush03 - on 18 June 2024

I'm expecting a new Mario Party, something Kirby related, both Wii U Zelda ports, Metroid Prime 2 Remastered, and maybe Metroid Prime 3 Remastered.

Metroid Prime 4

Some additional remaster, remakes, and/or any remaining Wii U ports for the most part.

Hopefully 1 or 2 new announcements. Come on Donkey Kong!

Around the Network

Now I'm gonna go to bed early tonight. ^^

I hope for Xenoblade X port. Otherwise, right now I'm hoping for Nintendo Selects to come soon, there are too many games I've missed out on, and right now I already have a packed backlog, so nothing for me unless it's cheap.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

My expectations for this are mild due to how the last direct went with its focus on stuff like remakes so it'll probably be mainly remasters and remakes to fill out the 2nd half of the year but there could still be one notable new thing for the holidays. At the very least perhaps this will finally be when Metroid Prime 4 gets shown off and gets a release date though I'd prefer if that's an early Switch 2 cross-gen release since that'd be good for the sales potential of it and would make it more likely to cause the Metroid series to reach new heights.

Here I am still holding out we get a new Diddy Kong Racing or F-Zero. Yes, I realize Diddy Kong Racing is extremely unlikely as Rare developed the first game, but I thought it was a much better game than Mario Kart 64.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

I keep thinking that they will bring a Tomodachi game to Switch, but maybe they won't.  Also I think we are due for a release date for Dragon Quest 3 HD.

Lastly, I think there need to be some big reveals (either new hardware or software or both).  Nintendo has an ambitious hardware goal for this fiscal year.  Even if you don't think they will make it, the fact they made an ambitious goal indicates that Nintendo thinks they have some major stuff to release this FY.