By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Games Showcase 2024 + CoD Black Ops Direct thread (live now)

Rate the Xbox showcase + Black Ops direct?

10 12 27.27%

9 19 43.18%

8 8 18.18%

7 2 4.55%

6 3 6.82%

5 0 0%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 0 0%

Total:44
BasilZero said:

I actually got to watch quite a bit of the show.

It was a pretty decent show - was waiting for a Gears Collection but getting a new one (even if it is a prequel) is great.

Anyways, from all I saw and what was announced - my priorities go to....

High Priority
-Gears of War E-Day
-Fable
-Indiana Jones
-Assassin's Creed Shadows

Medium Priority
-Doom The Dark Ages
-Starfield Expansions
-Age of Mythology Retold
-Diablo IV Expansion
-Perfect Dark
-Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024
-Life is Strange Double Exposure
-Avowed
-South of Midnight

Low Priority
-Call of Duty Black Ops 6
-State of Decay 3
-Fallout 76 Expansions

No Priority/No interest
-World of Warcraft War Within

My list for the games/DLC's shown today:

High Priority

• Indiana Jones
  • Avowed
  • AC Shadows
  • Fable

Mid Priority

• Perfect Dark
  • Flight Simulator 2024
  • South of Midnight
  • CoD Black Ops 6
  • Expedition 33
  • Dragon Age Veilguard (could go up to high or down to low/no depending on the gameplay demo on Tuesday, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that it was just a poorly designed trailer and the tone of the game is not heist movie meets saturday morning cartoon)
  • Metal Gear Solid Delta
  • Stalker 2
  • Diablo 4: Vessel of Hatred
  • Fallout 76: Skyline Valley
  • Starfield: Shattered Space

Low Priority

• State of Decay 3
  • Gears of War E-Day
  • Atomfall
  • Life is Strange: Double Exposure
  • Winter Burrow
  • Wuchang (could go down to No Interest if it doesn't have an easy mode, which it probably won't, few Souls-likes do)
  • Age of Mythology: Retold
  • Doom: The Dark Ages

No Interest

• Flintlock
  • FragPunk
  • Mecha Break
  • Mixtape
  • Sea of Thieves: Season 13
  • WoW: The War Within

Around the Network
DroidKnight said:

I'm deducting for no release date on Avowed.
9.9/10

Releasing November 12th. 

10/10

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:
DroidKnight said:

I'm deducting for no release date on Avowed.
9.9/10

Releasing November 12th. 

10/10

9.9/10

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Yeah, that was really good. Lots of good stuff here but Indy and Perfect Dark looked particularly great and that crazy South of Midnight looked interesting as well.  Might have been a 9/10 if we had seen a new Banjo and if more games were releasing this year, but still a strong 8.0/10 and the best Xbox presentation I can remember since E3 2006.

Last edited by archbrix - on 09 June 2024

I think the showcase showcased the benefits of Gamepass. If I had seen this show in an E3 pregamepass, it would have gotten a meh from me because while a lot of things looked interesting there weren't all that many games that I'm sold on spending 60 dollars on. But, games like Mixtape, Flintlock, South of Midnight, are things that I very well may check out on Gamepass. I'm not saying it's perfect, but when games aren't 60 bucks a pop, you can take more chances and do things outside the norm.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:

I think the showcase showcased the benefits of Gamepass. If I had seen this show in an E3 pregamepass, it would have gotten a meh from me because while a lot of things looked interesting there weren't all that many games that I'm sold on spending 60 dollars on. But, games like Mixtape, Flintlock, South of Midnight, are things that I very well may check out on Gamepass. I'm not saying it's perfect, but when games aren't 60 bucks a pop, you can take more chances and do things outside the norm.

70 bucks

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Pretty stacked showing, which is expected of the MS showcase.

Surprisingly lack of JPN content after how heavily they tried to promote that region these last few years. I think while a lot of stuff looks good, there were the odd games that look pretty bad/ boring. (eg: Indy is doing nothing for me, just a very poor showing for that game). Otherwise, I think a lot of the stuff just kind of start blending into one another, which is a problem I'd say the xbox showcase usually has.

But for me, Perfect Dark looked really cool. Interested to see more on that. Maybe South of Midnight too. AC looked nice too, def showing some stuff I'd like to see in a GoT2. So will see how that one pans out. The rest doesn't interest me much tbqh.

Last edited by twintail - on 10 June 2024

Leynos said:

People need to not forget they still closed Tango after a "break out hit" nor forgive. Any one of these devs could be next with a successful game even. Just be cautious and don't get caught up in the hype to forget.

That ship has passed and it's over.  Any dev could be next for any studio not just from MS.  You guys worry about things that you neither can control nor have any say outside of your purchase habit.  I will be frank, for every studio closure another one forms.  Developers move from studio to studio.  In an industry where even if you have a successful game you can find yourself on the chopping block, worrying about such things is a waste of time.

I for one only worry about enjoying games and hoping creative people have the opportunity to create what they want but it still is a business where there are huge risk with large sums of money spent.  A lot of these game devs fail because they cannot straddle between the 2 situations.  Producing a game that can appeal to enough of an audience for success and their own game concepts.  While its sad that Tango was part of whatever is going on at MS, I have no reason to hate MS nor praise them.  Stuff happens and we may never know the full extent of any particular decision but as with anything in this industry.  If the developers at Tango are talented, they will land either at other companies, form their own or fade away to something else.  Who will know if later MS regret their decision or it becomes the catalyst for the other studios to step up their game.

twintail said:

Pretty stacked showing, which is expected of the MS showcase.

Surprisingly lack of JPN content after how heavily they tried to promote that region these last few years. I think while a lot of stuff looks good, there were the odd games that look pretty bad/ boring. (eg: Indy is doing nothing for me, just a very poor showing for that game). Otherwise, I think a lot of the stuff just kind of start blending into one another, which is a problem I'd say the xbox showcase usually has.

But for me, Perfect Dark looked really cool. Interested to see more on that. Maybe South of Midnight too. AC looked nice too, def showing some stuff I'd like to see in a GoT2. So will see how that one pans out. The rest doesn't interest me much tbqh.

Just wondering about your Indy comment.  From a person who grew up watching the first Indiana Jones movie and all the sequels, this representation of Indy is spot on. There was no real gameplay showing in this trailer but what was shone as far as presentation was right on point with how the character is portrayed in the films especially the first 3 which is more relevant.  Its hard to describe but this is to me probably the most realistic representation of the character and the first  movies I have seen in a game.  I am wondering if you have seen the first 3 movies or even like the character in general.

One thing about the showcase for me is that  a lot of games are coming to GP and out of those games everyone of them I want to play.  For someone who has invested in GP like I have, to see so many games of different types coming to the service makes my decision of investing in the service worth its price.  There was nothing that blended one into the other for me as I thought there was enough separation of different genre from one to another so that you did not get fatigue watching 5 FPS in a row or something along those lines.

GamePass bros eatin good in 2024