By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who do you believe is the most over rated developer?

MaxwellGT2000 said:
@Griffin
You put down HL1 and 2 yet praise KZ that destroys what credibility you could have not to mention taste in games or intelligence.

OT: Rockstar is by far the most overrated

I have never praised KZ, you can search all my posts and you not not find a single post where i praise KZ.  I have said that KZ2 looks great, i have said it appears to have great gameplay, a mix of gears and CoD4.  I have said KZ2 has great death animations and blood.

And you don't need to resort to personal attacks just beacuse i have a different opinion then yours like what you have done in other threads. 

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
rocketpig said:

Definitely. I'm not saying that Rockstar is the greatest developer ever, but their GTA series is pretty spectacular.

Personally, I've never heard them mentioned in the same breath as Blizzard, Valve, or Nintendo, but if people are indeed doing that, I would have to say that yes, they are overrated by some. They don't deserve that kind of recognition compared to those three developers that consistently put together amazing games across several franchises.

Eh, I don't think many studios can be mentioned along side those.

I'm not as big of a fan of Blizzard as I used to be though. Starcraft and Warcraft are pretty much different flavors of the same game and World of Warcraft is Diablo + Warcraft + MMO. Those franchises are all they really do so to me they've become rather stagnant over the years.

True. I'm hoping for big things when Starcraft 2 releases. World of Warcraft, while good for an MMO, was still pretty "meh" to me. There are several aspects of other MMOs that I think are much more interesting (for example, SWG's constantly evolving characters and skillsets).

A new Diablo game would be awesome, though. I really think Blizzard has slowly become "those guys that do WoW" and little else. Hopefully they shift priorities just a little when SC2 hits.

Considering WoW is making them all rich, I highly doubt they'll shift priorities any time soon.  Starcraft 2 will be very telling.  If they're still so highly regarded after the hype has worn off... well who knows.  ^_^

While I'm sure WoW will stay as the forefront priority for the company, I hope they'll give a little attention to their other franchises from here on out. For the past 3-4 years, we haven't gotten anything from the company except more and more WoW.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Valve.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Shadowblind said:
Valve.

You mean the company that just produced Portal and The Orange Box, right?

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Based solely on the undeserved credit of last years most overrated game; Crytek.
I do think they'll redeem themselves with Far Cry 2 though...

Bethesda.

As a side note, Griffin you absolutely BLOW at pretending you've played games that you haven't. When you have to start off every criticism with "I don't remember very well" it's just laughably obvious that your criticisms have no basis in actual gameplay experience and a lot of basis in pure unrestrained fanboyism.

Griffin said:
sc94597 said:
Griffin said:
I feel Nintendo is overrated, with the amount of games they make there are only a couple that are good. Zelda is an average adventure game with a poor story. SMG is one of the worst games i have ever played, i have no idea what people see in this game. Metroid is FPS with all the fun parts taken out. There best Mario was made over 15 years ago. Mario cart has gone down hill over the years too. Brawl appears to be just the same game i played on the GC and N64.

Valve is also very overrated, i have played all the half-Life games and they are very boring adventure/shooter games. The TF2 game on the Orange box is also one of the worst games i have ever played, it was just no fun. The one good game they made was Portal, and that would only get a 9/10 from me.
I disagree with both of these statements.

"Zelda is an average adventure game with a poor story."

"SMG is one of the worst games i have ever played, i have no idea what people see in this game."

" Metroid is FPS with all the fun parts taken out. "

Expand on these and give specific details. I would love to see how you came to these conclusions.

I can't believe you hate one of the best FPS. The orange box is an amazing game, and far superior to the console fps'. I would love to see you expand on this one too.

I don't really know how you want me to expand on these but i will.

I have played most of the Zelda's, the one on the DS is the one i got farthest in, it started off as some boy and some girl, i can't really remember anymore of a story after that. But in each zelda i have played or seen people play its all the same, you need to go off and save something and go and meet odd looking things and play boring dungeons.

SMG, has some of the worst controls and camera i have ever seen in a video game. The camera would never go to what i wanted to see and the controls were just bad, and made even worse by the camera that never went to what i wanted to do. This caused me to fall off ledge after ledge as i tried to get mario where i wanted him to go. He never jumped where i wanted him to go and he never killed who i wanted him to kill. The whole game made it almost impossible to jump on anyone so you had to spin the wii-mote like crazy.

Metroid games are just boring, i never beat any of the ones i played due to boredom, and the colous in the games are just bad, each level looks bad and appears to be painted by a kid. I played a couple of them and put 1-3 hours into them before turning them off.

HL1, i played a long time ago and can't remember all the details but i remember being bored with it, i can't really remember much of a story either. HL2 and the episodes, were full of boring parts and puzzles that did nothing for the game, all they did was extend boring parts of the game. The was also no story, you walk from place to place metting people who go "oh my god its gordon freeman" then they ask you do do some boring crap and the you do it all over again with different people. The games also had the worst driving of any game i have ever played, there was no point to those parts, but to extend the game. If they took out all the crap they never needed, it would of been one of the shortest games ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=devEDGtgZ64

This video shows HL1 and HL2, but the episodes are just like it, so extend the video another 30seconds and you have the entire game.

BS. Honestly, Phantom Hourglass is the one you "got the farthest in" and yet you can't even remember a single plot detail? And your reasons for hating the series could be applied to just about every adventure and RPG game in existence.

And the camera in SMG is one of the best automatic camers in a game, though I agree that the jumping can be somewhat troublesome in the game.

naznatips said:
Bethesda.

As a side note, Griffin you absolutely BLOW at pretending you've played games that you haven't. When you have to start off every criticism with "I don't remember very well" it's just laughably obvious that your criticisms have no basis in actual gameplay experience and a lot of basis in pure unrestrained fanboyism.

I own that Zelda DS game, and i have played those other games i have mentioned. I'm pretty sure the codes on the games are the same for anyone who owns the DS game, the code is NTR-AZEE-USA. When you start the game on the DS it gives the name of the game in 3 lines with the "Nintendo" name on the bottom line, the picture is of link's face, and part of his one eye is cut off. Go load the game on the DS if you think i'm not telling the truth.

I've also played 130 hours of FF12 and could not tell you any of the names of the people in it except for the one guy named vaan.

I don't remember games i do not like. 

Rockstar by far