By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree. 94 OC/95 MC. Is it too hard? Poll.

Is the DLC too difficult...

Yes 5 19.23%

No 10 38.46%

A bit but manageable 8 30.77%

No opinion 3 11.54%

Total:26

Made it to the final boss again in NG+, this time I'm maxed on scadu and my spirit ashes is 6. I'm not sure I wanna put myself through this again. If I can't beat him now with my OP build then I'm quitting out to a Sekiro playthrough. I'll alow 2 hours.

Around the Network

Just beat Messmer. What an intense boss fight that was my god. Really had my blood pumping. That was at least 30 tries lol.

Testing thr Perfumes now

Damn they are overturned. I don't even have optimal stats to use them and just destroy everything in front on me

They are surely getting nerfed soon. Right now I recommend them to any build focused in DEX with secondary stats in INT or FAI

IcaroRibeiro said:

Testing thr Perfumes now

Damn they are overturned. I don't even have optimal stats to use them and just destroy everything in front on me

They are surely getting nerfed soon. Right now I recommend them to any build focused in DEX with secondary stats in INT or FAI

That's perfect for my build, what perfumes are these? I'm on the last boss again and can't even get him to half health, I can barely read what he's doing cause there's so much flare on the screen and his hair is an obstacle. Can't even get out my summons and there is no window to heal so I'm not even going to bother trying. I could use what ever help possible. Someone mentioned consumables too up the thread, was that you?

LegitHyperbole said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Testing thr Perfumes now

That's perfect for my build, what perfumes are these? I'm on the last boss again and can't even get him to half health, I can barely read what he's doing cause there's so much flare on the screen and his hair is an obstacle. Can't even get out my summons and there is no window to heal so I'm not even going to bother trying. I could use what ever help possible. Someone mentioned consumables too up the thread, was that you?

It's perfume bottles, you can collect them in the map, except the Poison Perfume this one is sold by Thioller (scale with Arcane and Dex). There are other 4, they scale primary with Dex, specially que Firespark Perfume which is pure DEX. Other scale with FAI (Lightning), INT (Chilling) or both (Frenzy Flame)

They are regular weapons, can be upgraded 

When using them, equip them with the ash of war called Rolling Sparks. Also use Shard of Alexander and Perfumer Talisman to increase the damage by 40%. Rolling Sparks can easily go for 6k+ damage in a full hit if you have proper stats. It's a mid-range Ashe of War, so you can keep some distance 

Around the Network
IcaroRibeiro said:
LegitHyperbole said:

It's perfume bottles, you can collect them in the map, except the Poison Perfume this one is sold by Thioller (scale with Arcane and Dex). There are other 4, they scale primary with Dex, specially que Firespark Perfume which is pure DEX. Other scale with FAI (Lightning), INT (Chilling) or both (Frenzy Flame)

They are regular weapons, can be upgraded 

When using them, equip them with the ash of war called Rolling Sparks. Also use Shard of Alexander and Perfumer Talisman to increase the damage by 40%. Rolling Sparks can easily go for 6k+ damage in a full hit if you have proper stats. It's a mid-range Ashe of War, so you can keep some distance 

Thanks man. Gonna give them a try. Have you tried the Dragon breaths? They're pretty easy to spec for as I recall, I remember rotten breath being particularly effective against Radagon. I'd love to know what this fucking monstrosity of a boss is weak to if the perfumes don't work. Hardest souls boss by far, I've died in excess of 100 times now and still don't feel like I'm getting a chance to learn the fight. 

Got to phase 2, I don't even know what the fuck is going on on the screen anymore. How is this supposed to be beatable, I suppose I'm not very good at these games but lord have mercy, this is beyond what I'd imagine a good souls player would be able to handle. I can only see myself beating this boss if I can godly lucky RNG. I'm bowing out, Myzaki has broken me on this one. Iishin, sword Saint technically took me longer at about 8 hours (the fight attempts were longer) but this is by far the most I've died to a souls boss. First video game boss that I've not been able to beat since I was a youngun.

LegitHyperbole said:

Got to phase 2, I don't even know what the fuck is going on on the screen anymore. How is this supposed to be beatable, I suppose I'm not very good at these games but lord have mercy, this is beyond what I'd imagine a good souls player would be able to handle. I can only see myself beating this boss if I can godly lucky RNG. I'm bowing out, Myzaki has broken me on this one. Iishin, sword Saint technically took me longer at about 8 hours (the fight attempts were longer) but this is by far the most I've died to a souls boss. First video game boss that I've not been able to beat since I was a youngun.

There is a quest you can do to get a NPC summon for the final boss. Also a mimic helps alot.

KLXVER said:
LegitHyperbole said:

There is a quest you can do to get a NPC summon for the final boss. Also a mimic helps alot.

I can't summon the mimic, he won't give me time and since it takes a chunk of your health it usually ends in me getting isnta killed. I can't even sup on the estus flasks cause there just isn't a window or if there is it's incredibly precise. At any rate I think I killed all the NPC's once I burned that tree. 

Learn to avoid the first hit and get distance

Mimic is how you inflict damage in second phase. They are overly aggressive and needs another target if you want a window to attack they