By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Wayward Realms Kickstarter

konnichiwa said:

I was like ' I am sure their was an other team working on it....' but it is the same team from 2019? And they still have nothing basically... Idea is good but nothing sounds great, making a daggerfall II successor amazing but even a free Daggerfall II game people are not playing so why this one??

I'd say something as ambitious as this takes a lot of time. I don't expect for it to be a mainstream success - cause it's not really made for mainstream audience. If they make it moderately successful and deliver on better part of the promised, it will be more than enough.

Around the Network

Not that I'm against the ambitious ness of the project but ...

Do we actually need a game of this scope to be spammed over a humongous terrain filled procedural content to an inconceivable amount, while juggling what seems to be simply a mindboggling of gameplay systems while on a non-linear story path that is mostly self-constructed ?

I do believe that they should at least create a cohesive MSQ set through the use of the procedurals of the game instead of just announcing you that you have to create your own "drive" through this world.
Sure, it could make for a great Sim RPG idea, but projects like No Man's Sky or Stanfield have come and gone with mixed results on the concept of massively big generated worlds.
They can make for good pitch, but I don't see it as ideal.

Anyway, not that I want such projects not to be made. Especially if they can stick to the big industry at large (dixit : current Bethesda).

At least they've got to work on the pre-production since 2019 from what I understand and the trailer showed more than I expected from what's not gonna be close to the actual Early Access build. 

It's not too far from achieving it's stretch goal at the moment

Last edited by Mar1217 - on 06 June 2024

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I backed it. I don't mind taking a chance. I've been fortunate with the projects I've backed in the past, too

Mar1217 said:

Not that I'm against the ambitious ness of the project but ...

Do we actually need a game of this scope to be spammed over a humongous terrain filled procedural content to an inconceivable amount, while juggling what seems to be simply a mindboggling of gameplay systems while on a non-linear story path that is mostly self-constructed ?

I do believe that they should at least create a cohesive MSQ set through the use of the procedurals of the game instead of just announcing you that you have to create your own "drive" through this world.
Sure, it could make for a great Sim RPG idea, but projects like No Man's Sky or Stanfield have come and gone with mixed results on the concept of massively big generated worlds.
They can make for good pitch, but I don't see it as ideal.

Anyway, not that I want such projects not to be made. Especially if they can stick to the big industry at large (dixit : current Bethesda).

At least they've got to work on the pre-production since 2019 from what I understand and the trailer showed more than I expected from what's not gonna be close to the actual Early Access build. 

It's not too far from achieving it's stretch goal at the moment

It is a bit overambitious - and I'm talking about TTRGP level of overambitious, as in "here' the world guys, here's some major powers at play, what do you want to do?" level of overambitious. Now, this is fairly regular stuff in TTRGPs, but there are lot of ways to pull this off and to make it work no matter what crazy shit your party comes up with, while prepping for sessions not becoming your second job. But in video game - yeah, way overambitious.

And if they didn't mentioned Virtual GM and World events, I'd be more than worried about lack of Main Quest (cause, as much games like Kenshi can be fun, make your own adventure gets to be a bit boring after a while, without actual GM). But, whatever they manage to pull off, they have my money for just trying to pull it off at this scale - cause I've been dreaming about someone trying to pull this off for decades.

And more or less Early Access build will be just that - small chunk of world, where all those mechanics will be tested and fine tuned, before they try to scope it up.

Around the Network

Excited to hear more updates about this game. It seems kickstarters are the onely way these days to get good oringal games.

BiON!@ 

Well, $700K is not too shabby, for what is supposed to be a Early Access build for testing for following phase. Then again, a lot of mechanical stuff was in stretch goals (like enchantments and alchemy), which are not achieved, so that's not that great.
Still, quite looking forward to this one.