By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - List all your platinum Trophies and rate them.

I feel pride when getting a platinum

Yes 5 33.33%

No 7 46.67%

Other 3 20.00%

Total:15
Signalstar said:
LegitHyperbole said:

When you get to 75% or so, why not chase the plat if you're that close. Really helps get the most out of the game. Bang for the book, like. 

Quite frankly I have other games to play and other things to do with my life than chase down digital trophies. Again, I really like that they exist. I rarely play a game once I finish the main campaign/story, unless its a multiplayer game or sandbox or something.

I find they add extra value to games you enjoy, ever get to the end of a game and want more but don't feel like replaying? The trophies serve to get you goals to get the most out of the game and more for your money. Sometimes a good platinum can elevate a solid 7 game to an 8 or 9 or even a bad game into something enjoyable depending on how the developers implement. Ever buy a game that socks and feel ripped off? Try the trophy list and you might get more out of it than you expected. 

Around the Network
Zkuq said:

I don't have that many, because I just can't be bothered to get the dumbest trophies, especially in games I didn't enjoy that much. Anyway, the list:

• Assassin's Creed: Mirage: It was OK. Some of the trophies were somewhat painful to get, but since I got pretty close to platinum with fairly little effort, going all the way wasn't too much extra work.
  • Assassin's Creed: Origins: I don't think it was too bad, especially considering I loved the game? I don't really remember anymore since it's been a while.
  • Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped: I loved the game, and the platinum was a fun challenge, aside from some painful levels. Overall, it wasn't too bad though.
  • Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires: This was easy nonsense, but it was my first platinum. I wish I'd got a worthier platinum as my first one.
  • Final Fantasy XIII: Easy for the most part, then pure grind for the last ones, I think. Stupid nonsense for the last trophies, but it was only my second platinum, so I was ready for a bit more effort. Also, I loved the game, despite its obvious flaws.
  • Ghost of Tsushima: I loved the game, and I actually had fun getting the platinum as well. I don't think there was any nonsense involved in getting the trophies.
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn: After I was done with the game, I was fairly close to getting the platinum anyway. Still took a while to get it, but wasn't too bad. I don't generally like meaningless collectibles, which was required for the platinum though. Not a fan of getting the best rank for all the hunting trials either, but at least they were pretty easy for the most part.

Might not be many but it's a good list. Ghost of Tsushima is one of the best.

SvennoJ said:
LegitHyperbole said:

You have the GT sport platinum, that's seriously impressive and glad to see your Death Strandin grating, that platinum is my favourite, if not for the platinum that game wouldn't have been the masterpiece that it was. I really pulled the most out of and enhanced the game.

Are you working on GT7's platinum? Also, may I suggest Blood & Truth for a VR platinum, it's soooo good. 

The hard part for GT Sport were the online trophies. Yet since I got so addicted to the online races (over 15,000 run) those came easily. I ended up with 1310 victories total out of the required 91 lol. The license tests in GT Sport were not that difficult like GT6.

I fell out of love with online racing in GT7, or rather towards the end of GT Sport already. PD messed up the penalty system so bad encouraging dirty play rather than clean driving. It wasn't fun anymore so I quit. No interest in bumper car racing.

When I play GT7 nowadays it's on PSVR2, racing classic cars offline around the Nurburgring.

I have no desire to grind the rest of the gold medals for platinum. I did complete everything in the game but some gold medals aren't fun to go after. Nor are some of the trophies.

I finished Blood & Truth on PSVR. I enjoyed it but not enough for secondary play throughs. Too many other great things to play! Although I would love ton play it again remastered for PSVR2 with the sense controllers.

Have you picked up a wheel for racing games? And may I suggest you try the Dirt series or Dirt Rally as they are pure racing fun and if you still have psvr 1 Dirt Rally is in VR. I recommend Dirt 4 in particular though as Dirt rally and Dirt Rally 2.0 can be very difficult. 

LegitHyperbole said:

Have you picked up a wheel for racing games? And may I suggest you try the Dirt series or Dirt Rally as they are pure racing fun and if you still have psvr 1 Dirt Rally is in VR. I recommend Dirt 4 in particular though as Dirt rally and Dirt Rally 2.0 can be very difficult. 

No I've never used a wheel, don't have the space for it. Besides that I spend years racing while standing due to a back injury and then I got used to it. (Was a bit weird in VR though, wearing a car helmet lol)

Dirt Rally was great on PSVR1. I bought Dirt Rally 2.0 with the expectation it would come to VR, still waiting :/ Haven't played much of 2 because of that.

Anyway atm I haven't played anything in well over a month. Summer time is here, longer days, means less time and more physically tired at night. There's still a barrier to play VR when tired and flat games don't interest me much anymore. (Plus with HDR it really needs to be dark outside to enjoy it fully, still light at 9:30 pm now) I rather go to bed early and fall asleep with some TV.

My interest in games will get back eventually, I've had these long pauses before. However it doesn't help there's nothing much exciting coming out nowadays. Usually it's some great RPG or action adventure that draws me back in but the pickings are slim. Most my gaming time is in the winter months, too many outdoor activities competing in summer!

The new Ace Combat, Aces of Thunder, for PVSR2 might get me back in. No release date yet. I haven't started Madison VR yet, just not dark enough in the evening. (Sure the headset blocks out light, but it feels weird to put a headset on when the sun is out and play a dark game)

I don't go for trophies to feel proud, I do them for a sense of finality with a game.

I have 156 platinums, so I'll just list the last 10 I got:

Ghost of Tsushima
Sifu
Rollerdrome
Minecraft Dungeons
Sackboy
Endling
Death's Door
Final Fantasy 15
Kingdom Hearts 3
Axiom Verge 3

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
LegitHyperbole said:

No I've never used a wheel, don't have the space for it. Besides that I spend years racing while standing due to a back injury and then I got used to it. (Was a bit weird in VR though, wearing a car helmet lol)

Dirt Rally was great on PSVR1. I bought Dirt Rally 2.0 with the expectation it would come to VR, still waiting :/ Haven't played much of 2 because of that.

Anyway atm I haven't played anything in well over a month. Summer time is here, longer days, means less time and more physically tired at night. There's still a barrier to play VR when tired and flat games don't interest me much anymore. (Plus with HDR it really needs to be dark outside to enjoy it fully, still light at 9:30 pm now) I rather go to bed early and fall asleep with some TV.

My interest in games will get back eventually, I've had these long pauses before. However it doesn't help there's nothing much exciting coming out nowadays. Usually it's some great RPG or action adventure that draws me back in but the pickings are slim. Most my gaming time is in the winter months, too many outdoor activities competing in summer!

The new Ace Combat, Aces of Thunder, for PVSR2 might get me back in. No release date yet. I haven't started Madison VR yet, just not dark enough in the evening. (Sure the headset blocks out light, but it feels weird to put a headset on when the sun is out and play a dark game)

The trick is to find a game that's completely mindless. Diablo 4 is a perfect example. Don't focus on getting anywhere in the game, just sit back (maybe listen to a podcast or music) and let your hands play away. Other things that work include Tetris, bullet hell games, arcade racing and old school platformers. This will get ya out of the slump and you'll soon realise that it is the over all goal in the games, the vastness or whatever that is keeping you from gaming and not the moment to moment gameplay which is where the fun is at and why we should be gaming. 

LegitHyperbole said:

The trick is to find a game that's completely mindless. Diablo 4 is a perfect example. Don't focus on getting anywhere in the game, just sit back (maybe listen to a podcast or music) and let your hands play away. Other things that work include Tetris, bullet hell games, arcade racing and old school platformers. This will get ya out of the slump and you'll soon realise that it is the over all goal in the games, the vastness or whatever that is keeping you from gaming and not the moment to moment gameplay which is where the fun is at and why we should be gaming. 

Yeah I know. I should just drive around the Nurburgring again in GT7, tinker away at some puzzles in Puzzling Places or wander around in Cyube VR.

The itch to play something will come again, I'm already scraping the bottom of the barrel on Netflix lol. Yet usually it takes some new exciting game to get the interest in gaming back. Usually this time of year something good comes out, not this year.

Agreed, the moment to moment gameplay is where it's at. Hence I gave up trophy chasing long ago :)

Marvel's Spider-man (0/10)
Marvel's Spider-man 2 (0/10)
Mass Effect 2 (0/10)

There's other games that either are on XBox or have some sort of internal achievement system that I got all of them in. I.e. Banjo Kazooie XBLA, Kirby Air Ride, Smash Bros. Brawl, Kid Icarus Uprising. I don't really care much about trophies. If I really like a game, it might serve as an excuse to play it longer, but I don't care too much about the trophy itself.

JWeinCom said:

Mass Effect 2 (0/10)

There's other games that either are on XBox or have some sort of internal achievement system that I got all of them in. I.e. Banjo Kazooie XBLA, Kirby Air Ride, Smash Bros. Brawl, Kid Icarus Uprising. I don't really care much about trophies. If I really like a game, it might serve as an excuse to play it longer, but I don't care too much about the trophy itself.

Spidermans platinum brought you zero enjoyment? Hmm, I remember that one pushing me to do all that side stuff I'd never have done otherwise and while it got a bit tedious I found it generally enjoyable. Zero? You sure...

LegitHyperbole said:
JWeinCom said:

Mass Effect 2 (0/10)

Spidermans platinum brought you zero enjoyment? Hmm, I remember that one pushing me to do all that side stuff I'd never have done otherwise and while it got a bit tedious I found it generally enjoyable. Zero? You sure...

Oh, no I liked the games a lot. If not, I wouldn't have bothered getting platinum. The 0/10 is for how much I cared about the trophy itself/how proud I was. Like I said, I don't particularly care about the trophies, and for these games, it wasn't really a challenge to get them, just a matter of playing long enough. 

I should edit Mass Effect 2 to a bit higher, because beating it on the harder difficulties was modestly challenging. I'm more proud of 100%ing other games like Kid Icarus Uprising where some of the challenges really took skill and practice.